Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By grrttwright
#282699 i bought a shell. it was an auto. put a b16a2 into it. i got a new cluster to replace the auto one. it is currently half in because a plug is different. i thought it was all plug and play? any help is appreciated. do i have to get a new harness or anything?
By mitch6
#282702 What kind of cluster did you buy? Stock EG6 cluster?

When you swapped in the B16a2 into your eg, did you end up swapping the whole wiring harness? If so, there is a chance you need an EK cluster because the B16a2 is originally out of the USDM Civic SIR

Eg circuit:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dKrAeypy4kc/S1VLD ... GP5440.JPG

Ek circuit:
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_ima ... _large.jpg

One of the connectors may be simular in size but if your whole harness is swapped you will probably need a new cluster out of an EK (96-00) civic
By mitch6
#282703 or post some pictures of your wiring harness and new cluster, that might help us have a better understanding of what is going one so we can offer some advice :thumb:
By grrttwright
mitch6 wrote:What kind of cluster did you buy? Stock EG6 cluster?

When you swapped in the B16a2 into your eg, did you end up swapping the whole wiring harness?

It is out of an eg civic. i honestly dont know what the naming of the egs are. like eg6? could you explain that? but the harness is obd1 with converted plugs for the engine.
By mitch6
#282705 eg is all 1992-95 honda civics, would you mind posting a photo or a link to a photo of your wiring harness?
By grrttwright
#282707 i know eg is 92-95 but like what is an eg6?

and how do i post pictures on here? im new to this.
By grrttwright
#282709 Image

All of the cluster plugs

Plug that doesnt fit anywhere

Back of cluster

Where green plug doesnt fit..
By grrttwright
#282713 also when i start the car with the 3 plugs that fit in my tach doesnt work. and my speedometer goes to about 20mph just at idol. :?
By mitch6
#282714 ooo sorry

eg6 --- civic hatchback
eg9 --- civic sedan
eg2 --- civic del sol
ej2 --- civic coupe

So you ar wondering where the green plug goes? the green plug I believe (anyone correct me if im wrong) is for the cruise control unit. Typically when swapping in a b16 into an eg, you will have to sacrifice the cruise control. At least thats what I had to do. The only two important wires for the cluster to function is your grey connectors. The yellow connector I believe (correct me if im wrong once again) is for the SRS air bag

let me know if that helps?
By grrttwright
#282716 alright. so its no big deal if i just dont use it. im good with no cruise. was not expecting to have it anyways. but why wont the cluster work? i dont know if you saw above post about tach not working and speedometer.
By mitch6
#282717 Really? and you said you put in a harness conversion for the cluster? Did you swap the ECU to a B16 ECU?

Cuz I have a JDM B16a swapped into my eg6, and my stock cluster worked perfectly.... :?
By grrttwright
#282722 when i put the key in the II position the speedometer jumps to about 20mph
By mitch6
#282724 Thats odd.... I will see if I can find any trouble shoot info..

I the mean time, any suggestions or Ideas anyone?
By grrttwright
#282725 let me know what you find online. i have been searching and resorted to posting on here.