Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Wicked
#274052 Anyone know how to keep the wink mirror from vibrating so much? I've tried adding in rubber washers at all contact points but nothing seems to do it, Although the washers did help firm it up so it doesn't getting pushed out of place from bass and bumps. Is it maybe because I only have it held on by one screw on each end instead of the 2 for the visor?
By Gustavo
#274059 Mine use 2 shake alot 2. But 4 some reason it doesn't now. It moves when im racing. But mine r held in by 1 screw on each side as well.
By kingjmack
#274068 I just installed the 5 panel wink in my car and also have the vibrations. From what I can tell, the mirror needs some kind of support right in the middle to keep it from moving because of its length. Maybe a rear-view mount right in the middle, or something hanging from the roof. I think im going to try and make the mounting hardware out of steel instead of aluminum to see if that will help any. I've seen a DIY where someone used some bracing along the mirror somewhere.
By Gustavo
kingjmack wrote:I just installed the 5 panel wink in my car and also have the vibrations. From what I can tell, the mirror needs some kind of support right in the middle to keep it from moving because of its length. Maybe a rear-view mount right in the middle, or something hanging from the roof. I think im going to try and make the mounting hardware out of steel instead of aluminum to see if that will help any. I've seen a DIY where someone used some bracing along the mirror somewhere.

This guy on here did that. He put some kind of metal strip from his old rear view mirror bracket thing 2 the wink mirror. I'm gonna try n find it.
By kingjmack
#274075 Cool. If you find it, post up a link. On a side note. I CRACKED MY FREAKIN WINDSHIELD!!!!!!!!!!! trying to pull off the mount for the old rear view mirror.
By Wicked
#274094 Yea I left mine on so I can still hang shit from it like my Hawaii coconut warrior helmut
By Gustavo
Wicked wrote:Yea I left mine on so I can still hang shit from it like my Hawaii coconut warrior helmut

:thumb: I still left mine on there as well incase i wanted 2 put my mirror back on some day.
By {ikon}EM1
#274169 If u look behind the winks it has some screw holes that go with the mounting kit to help the shaking...
By Civic_HatchSI
#274235 I don't know if all the eg's have this, but mine has a mini sunvisor in the middle and I flip it down to keep the wink mirror from vibrating.

By kingjmack
Civic_HatchSI wrote:I don't know if all the eg's have this, but mine has a mini sunvisor in the middle and I flip it down to keep the wink mirror from vibrating.

I've got that mini visor in my ej1. I'll have to try that tomorrow to see if it helps. Thanks for the idea!
By Civic_HatchSI
#274374 I also made my own brackets that are a lot stronger then the ones that come with the mirror. It helps keep the vibration down as well.
By ImThaBean
Gustavo wrote:This guy on here did that. He put some kind of metal strip from his old rear view mirror bracket thing 2 the wink mirror. I'm gonna try n find it.

Here's the DIY. I ended up taking mine down because the 100+ degree days did some damage. The box was good, but one of the mirror panels fell off. Once the temp goes back down, I'm going to make another one. I'm running a Broadway right now, it's not enough.
By Gustavo
ImThaBean wrote:
Gustavo wrote:This guy on here did that. He put some kind of metal strip from his old rear view mirror bracket thing 2 the wink mirror. I'm gonna try n find it.

Here's the DIY. I ended up taking mine down because the 100+ degree days did some damage. The box was good, but one of the mirror panels fell off. Once the temp goes back down, I'm going to make another one. I'm running a Broadway right now, it's not enough.

Thanks. N i haven't had that problem. We have 100+ weather here in Oklahoma n mine has bin good.
By Wicked
#274493 Ive seen that DIY before and was gonna make those brackets so it sits farther in the windshield hopefully avoiding being scalped in case of an accident. I don't think its the brackets because right now my brackets are so tight and solid with rubber washers and it still vibrates like crazy. Which means the vibrations are simply getting transferred down the brackets into the mirror, So I don't think its a strength issue in the brackets. It has to be the actual housing of the mirrors like someone mentioned or the mounting to the car (visor holes). I have 3 rubber washers on the screw that mounts to the visor holes, and 1 at each of the brackets bolts.