Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By JDMFanboi
#273758 Ahhh Weight,my favorite! :)
Right,weight is the the caused by gravitational pull towards the earth do to more mass of an object.
....Anyways. Weight removal can be done by removing rear seats,panels,door panels,removing carpets,audio systemAir conditioner,passenger seat if your really serious cuz its hot here in UAE...it can be also done by replacing exterior body parts with lighter materials eg : Carbon-fiber, aluminium,plastic
there are no dis-advantages of weight removal :woot:...apart from 2-3 disadvantages :twisted:
1-Rigidty drops
2-Vibration increses
3-If you removed your A/C and passenger seats then it will be hard for you to use it daily :thumbdown:

Despite all that removing weight makes the car
turn faster,
accelerate faster,
brake faster,
increases engine,tires,brakes, drive-train durability in one way or another and increases top-speed :weee:
its cheap and reliable but it is time consuming but replacing items is a different story
Last edited by JDMFanboi on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Greasedmonkey
#273899 EH? :eh:

I daily a car with out AC... Depending on the reduction you are doing, you are not decreasing rigidty. The only way I can see that happening is if you are cutting metal out for some reason.
By JDMFanboi
Greasedmonkey wrote:EH? :eh:

I daily a car with out AC... Depending on the reduction you are doing, you are not decreasing rigidty. The only way I can see that happening is if you are cutting metal out for some reason.

:oops: sorry,although i heard that removing interior panels makes the car more prone to deforming due to excessive g-force plus its supah hot here in Abu-dhabi so you cant survive without A/C go easy on me im 15 and im learning
By eg-guy
RWMIII wrote:We are just confused as to what your point is on this topic. :?

^^x2
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#274204 weight reduction pointers i think??
By rrait
#292471 in far far future, my plan is also to make my car as light as possible.

if its a daily driver and your car is all go there are some other things you can do:

* remove power windows (including wires)
* remove power mirrors (including wires)
* replace stock seats with racing seats.
* remove rear seat.
* replace all exterior panels with lighter ones.
* remove a/c (uses engine power to work)
* remove power steering (uses engine power to work)
* replace all interior with carbon fiber that you can.

If you dont belive me, here is an example

My friend has vw golf 3 with all the accessories that factory put in golf 3. And it weights about 1700kg. Usual golf weighs about 400kg less.
By teal_dx
rrait wrote:in far far future, my plan is also to make my car as light as possible.

if its a daily driver and your car is all go there are some other things you can do:

* remove power windows (including wires)
* remove power mirrors (including wires)
* replace stock seats with racing seats.
* remove rear seat.
* replace all exterior panels with lighter ones.
* remove a/c (uses engine power to work)
* remove power steering (uses engine power to work)
* replace all interior with carbon fiber that you can.

If you dont belive me, here is an example

My friend has vw golf 3 with all the accessories that factory put in golf 3. And it weights about 1700kg. Usual golf weighs about 400kg less.

My 92 dx hatch with D16z6 had carbon fiber hood & hatch, gutted interior except for dash & front seats, removed power steering, SRS, no AC, no power options, all sound deadening removed and 14" HX wheels, no jack or spare, PC680 motorcycle battery, and it weighed ~1950 lb on the scale.

If you're going to remove weight and give up comfort, you might as well go all out :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
teal_dx wrote:
If you're going to remove weight and give up comfort, you might as well go all out :thumb:

this. unless you already have a base model with no power options, PS, or AC... then there wasnt really any comfort to begin with :lol:
By EJ1_MK
#292664 I weighted mine out before I stripped the interior and pulled the sub out and what not Now the sound denting material was removed and with me and a full tank in a EX coupe with the way the car looks rolling, came in on a CAT scale at 2480 Now I am completely gutted I have removed all the speakers, carpet, etc and am working on de pinning the wiring harness of shit that I am not going to use like cruise, a/c, rear defrost, etc and I can't wait to see what it comes in this year stripped out.

Rigidity issues there should be none removing stuff, and just remember this 100lbs is a 10th of sec in the quarter which can help a lot.