Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By hatchie
#270099 why would you want after market?
By Classiccarsrule85
#270100 not that i know of i have a few if you need one or i do beleive you could ground a wire and have the lights on all the time when your lights are on
By ccornewell
#270108 thanks for the replies, i keep reading that the switch is a very common problem but i havent found anything about repairing the issue. im new to the import scene. before my eg8 i had a 97 jeep, before that i had a 91 f150 quad cab. usually when theres a common problem, an aftermarket manufacturer makes a replacement part. after i posted my question i decided to disassemble my switch to find the true problem. it appears that a capasitor has failed. now i gotta see if radio shack has the part i need to solder in.

what wires do i jump to have my dash lights stay on?
By Jr_DSantos
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:not that i know of i have a few if you need one or i do beleive you could ground a wire and have the lights on all the time when your lights are on

:O eany more info on grounding the wire so the dash lights come on full when the headlights are on? :?
By ccornewell
#275192 i found a tv repair shop to solder in a new cap for 3 bucks. the dash lights worked intermittently for a week or 2. now they quit again. im going to have to dig deeper in this. when the cap was replaced the dash lights worked mostly but would turn off and i just moved the dimmer to make them come on. now i have to find out if the dimmer is causing the cap to open and then go from there. im going to dig into it next week, right now im doing the bearings on a 4.3 vtec chevy. i did try to use a paperclip on the 2 red wires and i ended up with negative results.
By ccornewell
#275242 Yes. vtec, vortec chevy. 4.3 v6.
By Classiccarsrule85
#275276 I know that for the ep3 if you where to install the jdm cluster they dont have the dimmer in the cluster so you would have to ground the dimmer wire im sure this is the same throughout since thats really the same 3 wires that i have seen and delt with since i started hondas.......

worth a shot just clip it to where if it dosent work you can put it back together....
By ccornewell
#275397 Weeeeell I have bigger problems than the switch. When I turn on my lights I'm not getting voltage at the dimmer on either side. Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the interior??? I know theres going to be some previous fixes to undo since the clock resets whenever the car is turned off and the aftermarket radio was cut into the harness.
By ccornewell
#275493 That's EXACTLY what I needed! I ran across a brass or bronze very small crimp without any insulation on it tieing a wire to another wire. Aside from no insulation it looks very clean. Is this a stock item?
By cody27
#277474 not sure what you have in the area for wreckers but that usually your best bet for another switch.....hondas are pretty much the jeeps of the car world, they are a dime a dozen with plenty of parts to go around and the wreckers are usually full of em....i speak from experience cause i own both.