Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Mr Rattles
#262214 Hey guys,

I bought this gear lever below with the idea of cutting it abit lower and then putting my buddy club shifter onto it.BUT I hear cutting isnt a good idea as it damages something or other. I dont want to buy a short shifter because the ones that I can find are the ones that shorten the throw during gear changing which i dont really want. anyone got any ideas that can help ?thanks
By Classiccarsrule85
#262224 first in that picture the shifters backwards lol

but in reality there isnt much you can do your best bet if you wanted to cut it would be to cut and have someone whos good at welding reweld the threaded part on
By blk92hb
#262232 i would just get a buddy club or a skunk2 short shifter. it does shorten the throw but it keeps the upper part the same length as stock. you can check out my build thread if you want. i have the buddy club short shift with the dual bend.
By matt is (eg6)
#262237 why do you want it to be physically shorter???? the reason people buy short throws is to shorten the throw and make your shifting faster... im just wondering why you would want the height to shorter??
By CEPerformance
matt is (eg6) wrote:why do you want it to be physically shorter???? the reason people buy short throws is to shorten the throw and make your shifting faster... im just wondering why you would want the height to shorter??

If you extend the height of your shifter you make shifting easier.

If you extend the bottom of the shifter it reduces throw.

I built a custom shifter for my DD and i can rest my hand on it and mess with the radio lol

but the throw is about 1 - 1/2 inches from one gear to the next.

if you have a welder, save some money and make your own
By Mr Rattles
#263089 Not sure if you can see in the pic but the shifter isn't actually fitted to the car
So that might be reason why its backwards.

I want it abit shorter just for looks only.not bothered in changing the throw.

@ Ceperformance could you please post a pic of what you did ?