Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By dawg316
#259578 Hi guys back with a new 4 door and it needs a lil bit of work

the car i had was stolen and recoverd but not quite fixed. the sterring wheel lock dosnt work ( so you can move the steering wheel around with no keys in the ignition) and the horn dosnt work either. i was gonna buy a new steering wheel anyways cuz the current one is ripped to shit.

i dont realy care if the steering lock dosnt work, but my problem is the bracket that holds the igniton switch to the colum is also broken. ( currently zip tied together :( ) just wondering if i should try welding the braket or get a new column. also dose anybody have adiagram of how the column gose in. a write up. also dose any body have pics of how the igniton switch mounts, and where i can put the plastic uper and lower cover aaround the steering column and be done with it?

any sugestions, tips and advice would be aprretiated if you where in my situation

-thanks again
By kingjmack
#259582 Are there any local junkyards in your area? By the time you pay someone to weld the bracket back on, you might be able to buy one from a scrap yard.
By dawg316
#259613 well my buddy dose have a welder so he can probs do it for free. im just a lil confused how every thing all assembles. a diagram or pics would be awsome. been scrolling through my .PDF manual for eg's and cant seem to find anythin on steering columns and brackers ect.
By dawg316
#259831 found it on the online manual. diagram on page 578 :D

gonna tear it apart tommorow and hopefully get everything sorted out. gotta still fix my horn. also dose any body know about or have info in steering wheel locks? do i got to replace the full coloumn or just part of it ?

should learn some more tommorw when i actualy get my hands dirty on it :D
By 94EJ2
#259853 u just need the igniton housing i think is what the peice is called where the key goes in that piece controls the lock. you can get a whole new peice at autozone for like 300 but other wise find a column with keys.
By dawg316
#259944 thanks. looks like im off to the wreckers. gotta pic up a butt load of parts. already started to make a list :thumbdown:
By dawg316
#259960 *edit*
found a pic of that part i needed

that snaped off. half of it is on the coloumn still. might just jb weld it back on. any one have pics of the under side of the coloum where a metal plate is think its held on by like 3 bolts ?

also my still trying to fix the problem with my steering wheel lock. do i got to replace the full column or just the plastic square peice that holds the blinks and wiper switches ?
By ndn001
#341368 Did you ever find the piece that locked your steering wheel?

I have the same problem. Damn thieves.
By brandoff88
#341396 there is a little metal...latch, for lack of better word, that when the key is out it locks the wheel to the column, I bought a shell that had this same problem, turns out the ignition was broken, and wouldn't work, most cars have the heads of the bolts/screws ground off so people cant swap out ignition and plug theirs in an steal your car, you might as well buy a new ignition..and then you have to get the old one off, I had to get a tiny hacksaw and force mine off only to find out it was junk :thumbdown: