Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Jr_DSantos
#252211 not so shure if this is a interior or exterior question but here it goes.

Does eanyone have a diy or know how to how to fix my Fuel Door release for my hatchy? :?
its never worked since i got my car so i would just press on the cap and it would open, not so safe. :lol:
Thanks
By chrono404
#252213 there is a peice in the cap cover that should come next to the release. Its most likely bent and not close enough to the release to stop it from opening. Probally due to the gas cap door not springing open anymore.

If you fix it to get it open all you have to do is put something under your gas door handle so its open then go and push on it to open the door.

I had the same problem with my old coupe. always kept a screwdriver or something to stick bewteen door seal and the edge of the gas door release and trunk release to keep it open when i got gas.
By Jr_DSantos
chrono404 wrote:there is a peice in the cap cover that should come next to the release. Its most likely bent and not close enough to the release to stop it from opening. Probally due to the gas cap door not springing open anymore.

If you fix it to get it open all you have to do is put something under your gas door handle so its open then go and push on it to open the door.

I had the same problem with my old coupe. always kept a screwdriver or something to stick bewteen door seal and the edge of the gas door release and trunk release to keep it open when i got gas.

Thanks great help
I will give that a try tomorrow and hope that it works :thumb: