Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By nateski
#251839 I there a way to remove/ disable/ disassemble the chime my car makes when the key is in ACC position in the ignition?? I know I can switch it to the ON position but from what I've heard it kills the battery faster. regardless on what position my key is in it would still be nice to know if I can remove that noice. I wanna be able to listen to music while I'm cleaning my car without the irratating "beep beep beep beep".
THANKS
By 707eg6
#253330 yes there is a way if u take the cover off around the ignition u should see a little black box or a switch on the top or bottem of the ignition switch just take if off ther will be 1 little screw take it off and bam u r done.Let me know if that work for u :thumb:
By nateski
707eg6 wrote:yes there is a way if u take the cover off around the ignition u should see a little black box or a switch on the top or bottem of the ignition switch just take if off ther will be 1 little screw take it off and bam u r done.Let me know if that work for u :thumb:

honestly I read that somewhere on this site BUT I'm not sure if I was doing it right. if I'm not mistaken it's a small gold screw that needs to be removed, I don't recall it being removed from a small black box though, cause ot was white? lol but I did see a switch above it and it's real difficult to get to it haha. I'll probably go and check up on it again later on today and let you know how it works out. Thanks :woot:
By 94EJ2
#253379 its the 2 little blue wires that are in your ignition wiring you can just snip one of them and it will stop and its alot easier than pulling the column plastics if i remeber its on the plug that goes to the fuse box
By deschlong
#253402 Put a clamp on your door-open switch and forget about it while you're dicking around ... honestly, for the number of times that you don't want that beeping is so infintessimally small compared to the amount of time it would take to disable the whole thing ... you could probably put a thousand clamps on a thousand door-open switches and still come out ahead. Low tech solution = winning.
By nateski
gtstripes wrote:i have that problem, like ear raping beeps aye.. i just leave my seatbelt plugged in lol

seatbelt plugged in? haha
94EJ2 wrote:its the 2 little blue wires that are in your ignition wiring you can just snip one of them and it will stop and its alot easier than pulling the column plastics if i remeber its on the plug that goes to the fuse box

that sounds a little more intense than the first theory haha
deschlong wrote:Put a clamp on your door-open switch and forget about it while you're dicking around ... honestly, for the number of times that you don't want that beeping is so infintessimally small compared to the amount of time it would take to disable the whole thing ... you could probably put a thousand clamps on a thousand door-open switches and still come out ahead. Low tech solution = winning.

im guessing im gonna have to carry a clamp with me every where i go, so when i wanna play music with my friends and chillin' im gonna show off that clamp as well haha. noob question though, where is this door open switch that you speak of?
By Honda4life
#253406 Actually I believe their is a fuse under the dash on the driver side in the driver side fuse box and you can just take that fuse out. I've done it before by accident. Try that and see if it works
By nateski
Honda4life wrote:Actually I believe their is a fuse under the dash on the driver side in the driver side fuse box and you can just take that fuse out. I've done it before by accident. Try that and see if it works

im gonna have to take a second look at the fuse box, last time i checked if there was a fuse for the door chime i dont remember seeing one but doesnt hurt to check again haha. thanks :thumb:
By deschlong
#253425 before you do that, check the door jamb when you open the door. notice the little rubber cover over a switch? press it in - wow, the noise stops. sure you can pull a fuse for it, but you'll also lose functionality for over a dozen other things.
By LaosToaster
#253497 can someone post a pic of it and its location? i think mine didnt have one when i bought it. :? i have no beeping noise what so ever. i need OEM functionality :x
By nateski
deschlong wrote:before you do that, check the door jamb when you open the door. notice the little rubber cover over a switch? press it in - wow, the noise stops. sure you can pull a fuse for it, but you'll also lose functionality for over a dozen other things.

okay thanks smart ass jk. and yeh I've read that if you pull the fuse it disables the dome light when you open the door. thanks anyways
LaosToaster wrote:can someone post a pic of it and its location? i think mine didnt have one when i bought it. :? i have no beeping noise what so ever. i need OEM functionality :x

your one of the few without that irritating beeping noise, consider yourself lucky haha and I agree can someone post it's location with a pic?
By LaosToaster
#253540 haha i dont feel so lucky, i feel left out hahaha. but yea i think its called integrated control unit ? :? i wanna see a pic not a diagram i got plenty of those.