Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By mooze
#251489 ive seen the complete dash swap...not just the cluster....but it was also with a kswap...think the biggest prob would b getting the digi speedo to work
By chrono404
mooze wrote:think the biggest prob would b getting the digi speedo to work

x2

Unless you do a K/J Series swap you will have a heck of a time to get your speedometer to work. They do make conversion boxes for the S2000 instroment cluster that converts from the new single to the old single output for speed. That goes as well for engine temperature.

Short of those it wont be hard to do. Find the Wiring diagram for a 92-95 Civic instroment cluster, that will be easy as their are multiple online for doing DC, EK, etc cluster swaps. Then you get the wiring diagram for a RSX. Honda Hookup has helms manuals with very very good wiring sections in them. Make a chart of what wires go to what and then either make a plug and play harness(recommend) or rewire your eg to take the RSX Plugs.

By far the easiest part of this swap will be making the instrument cluster fit into the dash.

This wont be a cheap swap especally due to havign to convert the newer K/J Series speed/heat singles from the older d/b/h speed/heat singles WILL Require a Conversion box (total speed needs to be reduced by X value, need a semicondoctor to do it).

It will be alot of hassle imo. Going with a 97-01 Prelude cluster swap seams like a better route for a similar look IMO.

This route has been done before and the homework of which wires to repin has been done. You just have to search to find them. (pssh its the result in google thats hosted on honda-tech)
By Jr_DSantos
#251529 yess that makes sence, bacause the car that i seen this cluster in had a k20 swap i belive so the ecu would have the proper hookups. :?
Last edited by Jr_DSantos on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TrailerTrash
#251670 RSX cluster in an EG is different... but I think its ugly :thumbdown:
By mooze
#251699 why does everyone have to post their personal opinions on others ideas...the op didnt ask if u liked it...he/she asked for info on getting it done..no one should care what u think but u so next time be useful and try helping
By Ecc0
#251721 Even if it is alot of work to get it working right and running a B/D engine it can't be too different from running S2000 dials and there is a conversion harness for this now
By 92_eghatch
#251868 i read a huge thread somewhere about swapping rsx and s2k clusters. some guy figured it out, mass produced the converter and, from what i read, screwed a lot of people out of their money. some got the converter, some didn't. i also read that some guy in the UK was in the works of producing a converter for like 200. you had to send your cluster to him and he would do all the work to it, and send it back to you. he has a site designated to FAQ's just for those who have bought his product.

anything can be done if you put in the effort to figure it out. all it takes is some knowledge and dedication.

shouldn't be based on the opinions of others. if that were the case, i think the world would be totally different than it is now lol.

those are my two pennies on the matter. :thumb:
By 92_eghatch
92_eghatch wrote:i read a huge thread somewhere about swapping rsx and s2k clusters. some guy figured it out, mass produced the converter and, from what i read, screwed a lot of people out of their money. some got the converter, some didn't. i also read that some guy in the UK was in the works of producing a converter for like 200. you had to send your cluster to him and he would do all the work to it, and send it back to you. he has a site designated to FAQ's just for those who have bought his product.

anything can be done if you put in the effort to figure it out. all it takes is some knowledge and dedication.

shouldn't be based on the opinions of others. if that were the case, i think the world would be totally different than it is now lol.

those are my two pennies on the matter. :thumb:

i would love to try and throw an s2k cluster in someday... think they're sexy.
By 92_eghatch
#251880 i honestly can't remember where i found the site... i think it was honda tech. it was super old though..

there's the ECU and another system the rsx's used. i think it was kind of like an immobilizer system, or analog to digital system it used or something.. i'm not 100% sure...but sounds right. soo....you'd need that whole setup if you swapped the cluster, ECU and engine. would just make things easier.
By mooze
#251881 well i remember reading a thread a while ago on honda tech where someone found the semiconductor to convert signals from our vss to what ever x is for the rsx cluster..ill try to find it
By Jr_DSantos
92_eghatch wrote:i honestly can't remember where i found the site... i think it was honda tech. it was super old though..

there's the ECU and another system the rsx's used. i think it was kind of like an immobilizer system, or analog to digital system it used or something.. i'm not 100% sure...but sounds right. soo....you'd need that whole setup if you swapped the cluster, ECU and engine. would just make things easier.

way to much work just to have a fancy looking cluster :lol:
By 92_eghatch
JD_Lazi wrote:
92_eghatch wrote:i honestly can't remember where i found the site... i think it was honda tech. it was super old though..

it's almost a wow factor. just to say you've accomplished something that others weren't willing to attempt.
By Jr_DSantos
92_eghatch wrote:
JD_Lazi wrote:

it's almost a wow factor. just to say you've accomplished something that others weren't willing to attempt.

thats good point lol