Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By HAFIL0_EG
#245654 Hi all,i own a EG4 hatch australian release and recently installed JDM EG6 SiR gauges into my hatch everything was plug and play the problem is that the backlighting on the gauges is very dull.
:(

is there anyway of making these brighter without having to change out to LED globes??? i have a dimmer switch fitted in the car from factory but is non operational i.e. no loom any way of wiring this up???? will this cure my problem???? any help will be much appreciated thanks

here's a pic of the lights on with the dull gauges
By cjw_89
#245658 eg6 sir cluster come stock grounded.They dont have a dimmer. You need to wire your illumination globes to a dimmer. I did it with mine.SO GLAD i done it way brighter and i now havecontrol over it with my dimmer :D
By chilango41
cjw_89 wrote:eg6 sir cluster come stock grounded.They dont have a dimmer. You need to wire your illumination globes to a dimmer. I did it with mine.SO GLAD i done it way brighter and i now havecontrol over it with my dimmer :D

Please explain how you did that :thumb:
By HAFIL0_EG
chilango41 wrote:
cjw_89 wrote:eg6 sir cluster come stock grounded.They dont have a dimmer. You need to wire your illumination globes to a dimmer. I did it with mine.SO GLAD i done it way brighter and i now havecontrol over it with my dimmer :D

Please explain how you did that :thumb:

X2 :thumb: :thumb:
By cjw_89
#246176 Go to google. Type down diy eg6 dimmer. Look for the site ozhonda.......... then click into it. it explains how to do it. But he didnt explain was what sockets to use. I tryed to alter my stock ones :x Not a good idea. Your best bet is to go to a scrap yard and looks for automatic hondas or cigarette lighter plug ins. Reason being the cig lighter light and prnd321 light in automatic twist directly into our cluster i got a pic of a light socket ill pop it up in a few
By cjw_89
#246180 Heres the pics. These a direct fit no modification needed to fit the cluster.This socket is out of your console that lights up your gear selector.The image the guy from ozhonda has up has one illimuination cluster in the wrong place.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread ... G6-Cluster.
By HAFIL0_EG
cjw_89 wrote:Go to google. Type down diy eg6 dimmer. Look for the site ozhonda.......... then click into it. it explains how to do it. But he didnt explain was what sockets to use. I tryed to alter my stock ones :x Not a good idea. Your best bet is to go to a scrap yard and looks for automatic hondas or cigarette lighter plug ins. Reason being the cig lighter light and prnd321 light in automatic twist directly into our cluster i got a pic of a light socket ill pop it up in a few

cool i'll give it a try once i source all the gear and give it a go and will post results, thanks heaps cjw :thumb:

:x JDM cluster so sexy, yet so pain in farking ass lol
By HAFIL0_EG
cjw_89 wrote:Heres the pics. These a direct fit no modification needed to fit the cluster.This socket is out of your console that lights up your gear selector.The image the guy from ozhonda has up has one illimuination cluster in the wrong place.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread ... G6-Cluster.

which one would that be???
By cjw_89
#246288 That socket came off the gear selector in a ej2 auto. Where the ozhonda pic labels pin a5 the socket above those letters is an illumination globe. If i recall there is either 6 or 7. You will know once you hook it up and try it.If its dull in one area add another socket.

And your welcome.Glad to be of some help :). Although i went through a tonne of trouble tryin to solder wires onto my stock globes.Which was a stupid idea from the beginning.
By HAFIL0_EG
cjw_89 wrote:That socket came off the gear selector in a ej2 auto. Where the ozhonda pic labels pin a5 the socket above those letters is an illumination globe. If i recall there is either 6 or 7. You will know once you hook it up and try it.If its dull in one area add another socket.

And your welcome.Glad to be of some help :). Although i went through a tonne of trouble tryin to solder wires onto my stock globes.Which was a stupid idea from the beginning.

its a big help aye :D i would have never have thought to use the sockets from auto gear selectors, i just gotta make sure that there are enough auto Hondas @ my work to rape sockets :P
By cjw_89
#246355 haha fingers crossed lol. I didnt have exactly enough of those so i also used the sockets for the climate control lights :)
By HAFIL0_EG
cjw_89 wrote:haha fingers crossed lol. I didnt have exactly enough of those so i also used the sockets for the climate control lights :)

cheers man, attempting the wire up next weekend when the dash comes out for re-trimming.

so, auto trans, ash tray, and climate control are all the same sockets that will fit into the cluster?
By cjw_89
#246372 Auto trans selectors fit right in. Climate control lights need a little modification to push(no twisting) in. And I am pretty sure the cig lighter socket is a direct fit as well. Be sure to post up the results. I take it you already have amber climate control? If not follow my diy, its very detailed ;)
By HAFIL0_EG
cjw_89 wrote:Auto trans selectors fit right in. Climate control lights need a little modification to push(no twisting) in. And I am pretty sure the cig lighter socket is a direct fit as well. Be sure to post up the results. I take it you already have amber climate control? If not follow my diy, its very detailed ;)

ok the results are in!!!
wired up the jdm gauges using the link u gave me and went with auto trans sockets from any jap based car from my work (all seem to be the same not just honda) soldered all the wires together and installed into my Project EG Roll and got mixed results :? the illumination lights did get brighter but when i went to adjust the dimer switch there was no variation in brightness :? thanks for all the help cjw_89 :thumb:

here's a couple pics

the illumination light modding

and the finished product :woot:
By cjw_89
#247110 same thing i done. Seems fine to me. They dont get all that much brighter.But i mean its good to have control if you want to dim it right down for night/highway at night driving. Glad to be of help.!!