Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By HAFIL0_EG
#244481 Hey all got bored a lil while back n decided to fit "race" pedals, just skateboard grip tape over the factory pedals. Very simple mod that can be done in 5 mins with basic tools n little skill.

WHAT IS NEEDED
- grip tape ($10 gets you a board size sheet)
- spanner
- razor

Ok first thing is first, remove factory rubber grips off the clutch n brake pedals

then cut pieces of grip tape a slightly larger than the pedal and remove the backing

apply the grip tape to the pedal evenly to make sure there are no air bubbles

now grab your spanner and score the edges of the pedal to get the ensure the edges are firmly stuck to the pedal

trim the excess grip tape using a razor

and that is all there is to it, just need to repeat the process for the rest of the pedals

and here is the finished product

I kno its a DIY that doesn't really need to be written up, but i thought i'd thow it up for ppl to give some ideas just like others members that done like wise.

I hope this write up is of use to some one :)
By 92hatchie
#244483 hahaha cool great idea
By Punksz6
#244527 Nice Write up!! :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#244530 aha imma use black magic grip :D
By RL-521
#244533 jessup, good choice sir :thumb: i only had some doo-doo brand to use when i put a new sheet on my deck. put the old sheet on my pedals and the grit is completly gone now lol. awsome diy though! ive done it to all my cars
By HAFIL0_EG
94_jdm_ferio wrote:aha imma use black magic grip :D

each to their own :P

i like jessup tape personally its decent qual -good adhesion compared to other brands and grit is good too hard wearing n plenty of grip during wet days :wink:
By HAFIL0_EG
RL-521 wrote:jessup, good choice sir :thumb: i only had some doo-doo brand to use when i put a new sheet on my deck. put the old sheet on my pedals and the grit is completly gone now lol. awsome diy though! ive done it to all my cars

i've been doin it to my cars for years now too :) the range of griptape colours n patterns is cool these days too so ya can change up the look easy as :thumb:
By asianrob
#244574 nice been wanting to do it but havent had teh time to find the grip tape
By TrailerTrash
#244595 this is a awesome idea seeing as how my pedal covers are worn smooth from 265K miles :P

it also would help if you cleaned the metal surface with laquer/paint thinner before applying the tape
By 92hatchie
asianrob wrote:nice been wanting to do it but havent had teh time to find the grip tape

go to a skate shop
By HAFIL0_EG
TrailerTrash wrote:this is a awesome idea seeing as how my pedal covers are worn smooth from 265K miles :P

it also would help if you cleaned the metal surface with laquer/paint thinner before applying the tape

prepping the surface with thinners isn't really that necessary on the pedals, it can be done if you choose to.
By kapow
#244664 This is a great idea, would have so much grip.

But what if it's raining, and your shoes are a bit damp?