Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By HAFIL0_EG
kapow wrote:This is a great idea, would have so much grip.

But what if it's raining, and your shoes are a bit damp?

its all good wen you have damp wet shoes plenty of grip from the grip tape and water doesn't deteriorate the tape either. :)

the added bonus of taped pedals is theres no rubber on rubber squeak when clutchin with wet shoes lol :P
By dbrooks
#244675 ^^^ haha i dont know if he's ever owned a skateboard. this is a sick little write up though. i used to be so good at layin' tape! :thumb:
By blk92hb
aha imma use black magic grip

i was kinda woundering about it getting wet as well, because my board sucks in the rain. but that could be the crappy grip tape.
By Ecc0
#244778 Picked up my grip tape yesterday from a local skate shop and managed to get a half length for £2.50 which works out about $4 so little cheaper.

Was gonna do this how to but you beat me to it great job on the write up
By Flatland_EG
#244834 Just thought I'd add this.
If your not close to skate shop, you can find similar grip tape at your local DIY home improvement store as well(Lowes, Home Depot, Menards), it's sold as non-skid tape and is used on steps for safety applications. It should work pretty much the same as the other tape. :thumb:
By HAFIL0_EG
EGg OH! wrote:Just thought I'd add this.
If your not close to skate shop, you can find similar grip tape at your local DIY home improvement store as well(Lowes, Home Depot, Menards), it's sold as non-skid tape and is used on steps for safety applications. It should work pretty much the same as the other tape. :thumb:

good add :) i forgot about the non-skid tape sold at hardware stores
By Flatland_EG
#245749 I was actually at Menards the other day and saw some of this over by the paint section. I saw some in black, grey and black with a yellow stripe(for visibility), you could put racing stripes on your pedals. :D
I'm actually thinking about getting the stuff with the yellow stripe just to be different, unless I can find something crazy at the local skate shop or sports store. 8)
By TrailerTrash
HAFIL0_EG wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:this is a awesome idea seeing as how my pedal covers are worn smooth from 265K miles :P

it also would help if you cleaned the metal surface with laquer/paint thinner before applying the tape

prepping the surface with thinners isn't really that necessary on the pedals, it can be done if you choose to.

it is if you CMC leaks :lol:
By HAFIL0_EG
TrailerTrash wrote:
HAFIL0_EG wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:this is a awesome idea seeing as how my pedal covers are worn smooth from 265K miles :P

it also would help if you cleaned the metal surface with laquer/paint thinner before applying the tape

prepping the surface with thinners isn't really that necessary on the pedals, it can be done if you choose to.

it is if you CMC leaks :lol:

lol true :lol:
By Flatland_EG
#252748 I wouldn't worry about that. It shouldn't affect your shoes anymore than normal walking, unless you aggressively drive your car for 12+ hours a day.:D

You could always just buy a cheap pair of skateboard shoes or lower end driving shoes that you can throw on when you know you're going to do a bit of driving. :thumb:
By hambone089
#252772 i am definately doing this to my pedals. never would have thought of it on my own. my pedals are quite smooth and it sucks!
By 92CXyD
#252839 Did this a while back. Found out you may want to keep some extra grippy tape around.

I found out grip tape and wet shoes from snow do not work well. :D

Plus I had to also replace the brake and accelerator pedal assembly when I convert my CX to have Cruise Control. :D
By #ROBIN#
#252971 lol, i only see this now. Being in the automobile industry we work alot on race cars, a few years back a race nissan sentra (sunny in other countries) came into our w/shop with grid/sand paper on the pedals, i thought it was real race pedals but when the customer came to pick up his vehicle he told me its normal sand paper. when i got my car i did this and heel toe was easier :thumb: .

here is my feedback on this...

pro's
-cheap
-very good feel
-grip is amazing
-looks good

cons
-lasts 4 months (not bad for the price) , i use my car daily (drive my car hard most of the time)
-tends to break at the edges
-fitting it is a time waste, i am sure someone can make adhesive sand paper (theres an idea)

this is a good way of fitting it (as shown in the beginning of this thread), the other way is, you obviously have to take off your old clutch and brake rubber pads/grips, use this as a template. easy and no need to get under your dash.

sand paper pedals FTW :thumb:
By HAFIL0_EG
#ROBIN# wrote:lol, i only see this now. Being in the automobile industry we work alot on race cars, a few years back a race nissan sentra (sunny in other countries) came into our w/shop with grid/sand paper on the pedals, i thought it was real race pedals but when the customer came to pick up his vehicle he told me its normal sand paper. when i got my car i did this and heel toe was easier :thumb: .

here is my feedback on this...

pro's
-cheap
-very good feel
-grip is amazing
-looks good

cons
-lasts 4 months (not bad for the price) , i use my car daily (drive my car hard most of the time)
-tends to break at the edges
-fitting it is a time waste, i am sure someone can make adhesive sand paper (theres an idea)

this is a good way of fitting it (as shown in the beginning of this thread), the other way is, you obviously have to take off your old clutch and brake rubber pads/grips, use this as a template. easy and no need to get under your dash.

sand paper pedals FTW :thumb:

they already make adhesive sand paper and its name is skateboard grip tape :D