Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By teal_dx
#243744 First check the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) on the transmission and make sure the wiring for it is OK. There's a fuse for it but it has some other important things tied in with it as well... o2 sensor and alternator I believe? So probably not a blown fuse if that's your only problem but worth a look.
By keith_b03
#243749 thanks for the advice i'll check that stuff out
By cjw_89
#243765 1 of the 3 prongs that plug into mine is GREEN from corrosion.It goes wacky from time to time.When you hit a bump or jump on it hard.. Pretty common with hondas.Check for corrosion.And like teal dx said the vss itself.Never knew the o2 sensor was tangled in with it though :o
By Aldo91
#243792 sorry to thread jack but where exactly is the VSS? :? :? :?
By HungRealLow21
#272518 Right here son this is all you need and its also the cheapest your gunna find it anywere they also have one for 24 dollars with a lifetime warranty!!!!
:thumb:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-VSS-Vehicle-Speed-Sensor-Brand-New-/370527256933?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5645254165
By Wicked
#272575 The EG clusters do DIE, And it isn't always the VSS. I've already had 2 clusters die on me and replacing the VSS wasn't the problem. I have a completely different cluster all together now with the same VSS that the 2 old clusters died on and no problems at all. Id suggest swapping out your Cluster before buying a VSS, Just to see if it is infact the VSS. I wasted $150 buying that thing for no reason. If you have a friend ask if you can try their cluster.
By necropaulis
#272606 I'd just get one from a junkyard all you gotta do is bring a cheap multimeter. Give it a couple of spins. If you get voltage, run it.