Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By cjw_89
#242041 So being finished work and all i got bored so i decided to do a write up on this.Here goes

You start with this:

Remove your heater control cable.I broke my clips you'll see what i did further down the page.

It is hard to make out but this is one of the 3 screws that hold the climate control into place.

Here 2 of the 3 bolts

Here is the 3rd

Now unplug your harness 1 plug in out of 2

Here is the 2nd ...Once you remove the climate controls, you will be left with this.Here you can see the two tabs bottom left and right corner of the top "din" which hold the controls into place.

Next! Go to walmart and pick up some page dividers.I went with amber :thumb:

Now you can start hauling apart the climate control.Either to replace a blown bulb or to change color what ever it may be!

You will be left with this

Next i removed the two bulbs(one was blown) and then i installed new ones with no blue condom.

Old ones

Then i got the orange page divider out cut a pice to the size i needed then folded it 3 times.So practically 6 layers gives you the desired color which looks GREAT! Just poke it into place and put it back together

This one is only folded 4 times.I added another peice after

Once you get the page divider in or your new bulbs.Even leds just put it back together and re install :D :thumb:

Back to what i stated above earlier. I cracked the clips that hold my heater cable in place. Quick fix with 2 screws i had laying around

This car was a dx.It didnt have ac.If your car has ac be careful.You may end up breaking both :wink:

The purpose of this thread is not to show people jdm jdm jdm. I have a jdm cluster and nothing else was amber so this was needed.

I also used an acura el lense to amber my clock(direct fit).Then for my rear defrost and cruise switch i used an orange tic tac case removed the cover and cut out a sqaure to fit into the cover.It is hard to explain but once you get at it,it will make sense.

You dont have to go the page divider route but i am rocking it on both my cars now.You can go with leds,or different color condoms( i call em anyways lol)
By 92_eghatch
#242118 is a pretty cool idea. got a pic of the after amber you can throw up? i'm really thinking about doing some LED's in my car. probly white.
By cjw_89
#242182 Here you go. Image
By cjw_89
#242184 That was before i fixed my clock.My clock is amber too.Wishing i had some fogs with the amber oem switch :(
By 92hatchie
#242192 looks good im going to try it
By cjw_89
#242201 As long as one person attempts this it was worth the while to do the write up.If anyone has some questions feel free to pm me.There is no way of getting around the white clock unless you have the jdm one or an acura el lense :thumbdown:
By 92hatchie
#242211 im going to buy new bulbs before i attempt.. for the clock i seen diy's and others slip in a piece of amber divider on the clock and looks very good idk
By cjw_89
#242230 I can bet they remove both lenses. Our eg clocls have a purplish color lense and a clearish color one if you remove the purple one you will get a green color lilke accords. I bet they remove both then put a page divider where the clear one should be haha
By cjw_89
#242241 Sorry about the shitty pic of it finished.Thanks :)
By 92_eghatch
#242321 looks good! thanks for the pic. very responsive lol. still thinking about going white though...

i'm very curious to know if you can solder LED's to the board for the climate buttons. or maybe instead of LED's just using regular colored bulbs.

it's not hard to take the climate control all the way apart, it's just a matter of finding a bulb that would fit inside the buttons. maybe i'll pick up a junker from a scrap yard and try it out. that way i don't ruin mine lol.
By LaosToaster
#242324 nice DIY sadly i ripped out my climate control lol :lol: . what cluster is that??
By dbrooks
#242331 This is sick! I might do this on my new Del Sol within the next couple of days! :thumb:
By Ecc0
#242388 Nice I was thinking about this as there is the killa thread about doing your dials and wanted to do both plus my dash is out at the moment so will be able to get this done easier.
By cjw_89
#242399 I was going to do a diy on the rear defrost and cruise,but it is self explanitory. You remove your switch then pop the front cover off.Now that your cover is off flip it over so you can see the back then cut a small square out from a tic tac case which is PERFECT for its color and you are set!!

Thanks for the replies guys/girls? lol. I will have another few coming up as well. Next thing i am thinking about tackling is an integra console in our egs. Some fiberglass will be at hand 8) .. That cluster is out of an sir civic from japan.You cant see by that picture but they are white face gauges,kinda ricey but thats how they come. Its jdm yo lol :woot2: