Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By 92_eghatch
#241587 got a 92 eg hatch. my cup holder mechanism is broken and was wondering if there's like a delete option, or if there's something aftermarket?

thought about getting some mdf and making something to fill it in, but then i would have to paint that section of console. guess it's not THAT bad of an idea, but... guess i'm just looking for the easier, more boring method...

if anybody has any ideas or pics of stuff they've done or have seen done. let me know.
By TrailerTrash
#241589 ive always heaard people talk about this... i saw a pic once of a piece made to fit a few gauges but i lost the pic. ive never actually seen a cupholder that works
By Vti93T
#241591 you could always get the optional center console and then you don't have cup holders...I've never had a problem with my cup holders not working.
By 92_eghatch
#241605 the "hinge" studs and spring are broke on mine so when you open it, the cup parts just fall lol. and when closed, the whole thing wobbles.....and i'm not spending $90 for a new one. plus i'm going with blue interior so it will be hell trying to find a used one lol.
(looking on www.hondapartsunlimited.com for parts and lots of the blue pieces are being discontinued. might end up going to black interior route...blue isn't popular, but can be considered rare since there's nothing out there for used parts :) )

what does the optional piece look like? any pics?
By 92_eghatch
#241756 so does that cover up the cup holder or what? i saw another pic on google that shows the whole center console including the "optional" piece. it butts up against the shifter part of the console and can't see the cup holder. so i'm assuming it covers it up? or actually utilizes it as an anchor point?
By TrailerTrash
#241757 Found it! :woot2:
well atleast it sure as hell looks like an EG console to me
By 92_eghatch
#241759 does look good! too bad i don't have gauges to go in it lol. i'll most likely fill it with mdf. i have an idea how i want to do it. it wouldn't be permanent so i could take it off. i'll keep everybody posted.

....where would i find a gauged cup delete like that anyway lol.
By dbrooks
#242068 Everyone thinks the JDM one is sweet. It does look good and can be found for fairly cheap. A lot of people dont really know about it, but in Japan, they came with an insert in the center console box that had a cup holder. I have both of those items, but theyre not in my car yet. Just know, they are N.O.S. though :D
By 92_eghatch
#242072 How much? What color? I have paypal. I have a blue interior (fml). But trying the route others don't take. :-). Lmk on the details though.
By cjw_89
#242073 you can change the top cover.The inside is all black. I have one here as well.Grey
By 92_eghatch
#242076 Awesome. How much?