Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By asianrob
#235627 what kinda cage you looking for?

Cusco makes a nice looking cage but it isnt all that fucntional.

second best bet is to get a custom cage which go for about the same price.
By mADmAN
#235655 ive heard alot of people say the Cusco cages are pretty much a waste of money and have been reading alot of smack about them...

can someone pls tell me why exactly? im curious as i dunno much about cages...
By asianrob
mADmAN wrote:ive heard alot of people say the Cusco cages are pretty much a waste of money and have been reading alot of smack about them...

can someone pls tell me why exactly? im curious as i dunno much about cages...

they are flimsy and pretty much just "show" cages.
By Ajax1989
#235658 what ever u do, weld the cage in, dont bolt it in
ive herd bad stories of bolted in cages

now for looks just bolting will do
but for the actaul use of a cage weld that bitch in

and also stich weld the car too :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
and also stich weld the car too :thumb:

hell yeah if your gunna be welding anyways might aswell stitch that bad boy up right
By mADmAN
#235698 chassis strengthening via spot welding i guess...

my old JDM EF3 had that...even in the engine bay...stiffens the chassis right up.. especially when compared to my friends JDM EF9.....

roll cage would be an easier alternative to spot welding imho. theres just too much work to get that done...

unfortunately cages arent street legal in malaysia... otherwise, i would have one in already...

just out of curiosity.. are there any roll cages out there that are "functional" yet still able to use the full interior? panels, rear seats n all? doesnt matter if its bolt on...

wife wont allow me to strip out the car in case there's other "passengers" :(
By mADmAN
eg84dr wrote:i know there is for hatches but not sure about sedans or coupes

u mean cages with full interior? i drive a hatch with full 94spec EG6 interior so if thats wat u mean then perfect... :D

link me pls?
By JUICE
#235736 if your doing this for some kind of racing requirements, that's cool. if your doing this to your DD for nothing other than cosmetic reason, that's dangerous.

i personally know a guy that was almost killed in his caged crx from a very minor accident cause his head hit the cage without a helmet
By eg84dr
#235750 iv just been to few ice races lately and i honestly know i could bet them in my eg but you have to have a cage to race just thinking of plans for next year maybe
By OleFolk
#235754 Might as well take ur car apart and weld all the seams together
Roll cage is more weight, as far as I know [smilie=drunken_smilie.gif]
By JUICE
eg84dr wrote:iv just been to few ice races lately and i honestly know i could bet them in my eg but you have to have a cage to race just thinking of plans for next year maybe

like rally cross style gettin rowdy on ice? bad ass. do it! :D