Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By andyc
#231622 Hey Guys, My EJ Broke on me so I got a DX hatch the other day which is solid but has the grey 'drab' interior... Im happy swapping everything across to the hatch including the dash but the only concern is whether the back seats are gonna be ok. I know the bottom part will be fine and is a very easy swap, I wanted to know;

Will the back of the seat be a 'direct swap'? and will it still lock in place as it did in the coupe? The coupe has black interior so I want it all back... If someone has done this and can tell me also how to remove the back part of the seat before I start ripping things apart that would be awesome!

Cheers Guys :headbang:
By 1995db7
andyc wrote:Hey Guys, My EJ Broke on me so I got a DX hatch the other day which is solid but has the grey 'drab' interior... Im happy swapping everything across to the hatch including the dash but the only concern is whether the back seats are gonna be ok. I know the bottom part will be fine and is a very easy swap, I wanted to know;

Will the back of the seat be a 'direct swap'? and will it still lock in place as it did in the coupe? The coupe has black interior so I want it all back... If someone has done this and can tell me also how to remove the back part of the seat before I start ripping things apart that would be awesome!

Cheers Guys :headbang:

the top part won't be a direct fit since the coupe locks in the middle if i'm not mistaken and the hatch seats lock on the outer sides
By andyc
#231638 oh :( hopefully I can figure a way round that...
By cjw_89
#231639 Hatches are 50/50 while the coupe is full.Integra seats are a direct bolt in.But you have a gap between your two seats.The common thing to do is a get a foam noddle for swimming,paint it and shove it between both seats ;)... I dont know how close the bottoms are though for the coupe and hatch :? Hope this helps.
By andyc
#231645 thanks mate, im gonna have a play around on saturday... :thumb:
By Ecc0
#231752 Sorry dude but coupe rears won't fit as said before, the coupe rear is single piece and fixes to the centre of the seat where as on hatches their 50/50 and side fixing.

I'll have a look if I have a set of rear vti seats going if you want, or as has already been said colour then yourself. Which would be cheaper.

Also being a DX are you going to upgrade the windows to electric and possibly change the doors to add the side impact bars??? Or are you going for the full swap and putting a B in the light weight shell???
By andyc
#231772 yeah I may find some way to dye the back ones... I was thinkin about swapping the doors over from the coupe too as they have the power windows but not sure if ill bother yet, im not too bothered with the manual windows but I want central locking and electric mirrors easily....

Im swappin the dash across so it may make sense as the wiring will be there for it all... just means drivin round in a red hatch with purple doors for a while :lol:
By Ecc0
#231793 Well like I said on the uk chat post your welcome to come up to my unit and we can get you all colour matched or colour changed

is quite a simple swap to do dash wiring harness and doors
By andyc
#231796 cool, ill head to the UK section mate....