Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Gustavo
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Put a Wire hanger in a U shape where the open slot is and pull up... it should pop right off... :thumb: [/list]

It's like high 40's here so probably the cold is affecting it. I just pop it off. I'll get the rest of it off when it gets warmer. I dont wanna shatter my windshield. But i got it installed. :woot:
By doubskie
#230012 just ordered mine today.

i am planning on removing my window visors for easier install.
and i have seen somewhere (can't remember what forum) that somebody wasn't comfortable with how much closer the wink sits to you than the stock mirror which i could understand since its a few inches closer and its so much bigger. might not feel right. so what he did was got an extra set of the wink brackets and somehow connected them to each other which set it back a couple inches.

ive never messed with the the brackets that wink mirrors sit on so idk how that gonna work.

anybody that has done this or know exactly how these brackets work...
how easy is it to connect 2 sets of brackets together?
By Gustavo
doubskie wrote:just ordered mine today.

i am planning on removing my window visors for easier install.
and i have seen somewhere (can't remember what forum) that somebody wasn't comfortable with how much closer the wink sits to you than the stock mirror which i could understand since its a few inches closer and its so much bigger. might not feel right. so what he did was got an extra set of the wink brackets and somehow connected them to each other which set it back a couple inches.

ive never messed with the the brackets that wink mirrors sit on so idk how that gonna work.

anybody that has done this or know exactly how these brackets work...
how easy is it to connect 2 sets of brackets together?

Idk but i like how mine sits n the view is badass. :thumb:
By chorean
#230028 How tall are you/how far do you sit from the mirror? I bet that's a factor. Ordering mine next week!
By doubskie
DontHateonEG8 wrote:can the actual part thats glued on the windshield be removed? always saw people fuck their windshields up that way.

wouldnt suggest going any further than a razerblade to try that out.
every car iv seen with a wink still has the stock mirror holder attached to the windshield.

if you want it off bad enough you can take it a auto glass dealer im sure they know ways. and if not $130 will get you a nice new windshield.
i personally wouldnt go that far to get it off but some may think its worth it
By Benj
DontHateonEG8 wrote:can the actual part thats glued on the windshield be removed? always saw people fuck their windshields up that way.

dont bother, you will fuck up your window
By Gustavo
chorean wrote:How tall are you/how far do you sit from the mirror? I bet that's a factor. Ordering mine next week!

I'm 5'10" N i like 2 lean back when im driving so it's alright 4 me. Plus u can adjust it 2 b closer 2 the windshield n stuff. Trust me u'll like it. :thumb:
By Gustavo
Benj wrote:

dont bother, you will fuck up your window

I agree.
By chorean
Gustavo wrote:
chorean wrote:How tall are you/how far do you sit from the mirror? I bet that's a factor. Ordering mine next week!

I'm 5'10" N i like 2 lean back when im driving so it's alright 4 me. Plus u can adjust it 2 b closer 2 the windshield n stuff. Trust me u'll like it. :thumb:

Nice I'm 5' 11"!!
:thumb:
By DontHateonEG8
chorean wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

Nice I'm 5' 11"!!

im 6'3" and im fine :)
By Gustavo
chorean wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

Nice I'm 5' 11"!!

My girl is 5'11" n she thought it was all fine.
By Gustavo
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
chorean wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

Nice I'm 5' 11"!!

My girlfriends sister is 6'3" all her family is 6' something n my girl is the shortest 1 sitting at 5'11"
By DontHateonEG8
Gustavo wrote:
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
chorean wrote:
Gustavo wrote:

Nice I'm 5' 11"!!

My girlfriends sister is 6'3" all her family is 6' something n my girl is the shortest 1 sitting at 5'11"

is she hot?! to me any chick above 5'11" is ....

btw how about utilizing the stock mirror arm to additionally support the wink mirror