Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Ajax1989
#226557 ok for sometime now ive had the ek cup holder in my car well not to long ago i found the ek arm rest at a junk yard so i picked it up

ok soo alot of people ask does it fit and what not the answer is YES

ok now this is the part where i tell you, if you fuck up then thats your fault not mine

ok 1st you need some tools/parts
*phillups head screw driver
*dremal or some sort of cutting tool
*self tapping metal screws
*drill wit something to screw the self tapping's in(my case was a 8mm)
*some sort of 'L' brakets
*brakets from ek
*drill bit
*sharpie

Ok lets start by taking out the Eg center console
unscrew the 10 phillups(no pics cuz the ek console is already in the car lol)

but it should look something like this

now this part(already cut no pics of cutting)
should look somthing like this, use the ek cupholder and test fit it to determine where to cut

now reinstall it

now you need to make 'L' brackets or buy them, i made some, you need 2

take out out the cup holder its self and put the console in place and take the L brakets and mock them up in place then remove the console and screw the self tapping metal screw in place wit the L braket, do this for both sides

now after the brakets are screwed into place take the sharipe and mark on the inside of the console where the hole is on the L braket
then drill a hole on both sides and then screw in the ek cup holder

now for the ek arm rest your gonna use the og screw thingys for the ek arm rest
mock up the arm rest and figure out where to drill the holes for the screws
and then put it in place and screw it in

and then there is this "U" braket you need from the EK as well, ill post more pics on that later it got to dark :/

but when all said and done it should look like this
dont mind the big hole i bought the arm rest from the junk yard for 7 bucks and it was cut right there so im not worried its gonna fixed later but for 7$ i couldnt pass up.

the ash tray and the cig lighter is all functionable aswell

well enjoy your ek console in your EG the cup holders are the best IMO
it holds my arizona teas and the big drinks from taco bell micky ds nd shit like that

**** ill post more pics on that U braket as soon as i find it***
By Clarkypoo
#226599 I love this. The only reason I wanted the optional audio center is so i could get some functioning cup holders... Nice write up bro :D
By Ajax1989
#226611 thanks man :thumb:
By ghskid06
#226899 nice write-up. Thanks for taking the time to make a diy. Ek cup holders are so much nicer :thumb:
By Ajax1989
ghskid06 wrote:nice write-up. Thanks for taking the time to make a diy. Ek cup holders are so much nicer :thumb:

:D no prob, you were the one that kinda make me get my camra out and take pics lol

but yes they are nice indeed, i love the fact that i can have drinks in the car and keep them outta my lap lol
By CMDeOro
#226915 Is there anyway you can take a picture of where the center console meets the dash? I wanna see the gap, if there is a gap. I love this center console but I won't do it if there is a gap. I'm very anal about things like that.
By CMDeOro
94_jdm_ferio wrote:Image

Thanks.... I think I can fit it in a way where you wont have that small gap. If I find a way to do it I will post it on here.

Thanks again
By familyEGuy23
#226970 Good job on the DIY :thumb: I'm going to do this when I find an ek center console must be great to have cup holders :) and for that price ...I need cup holders I was at in n out yesterday and spilled my drink when I was about to leave :thumbdown: good thing I'm goin to get another carpet :lol:
By Ajax1989
familyEGuy23 wrote:Good job on the DIY :thumb: I'm going to do this when I find an ek center console must be great to have cup holders :) and for that price ...I need cup holders I was at in n out yesterday and spilled my drink when I was about to leave :thumbdown: good thing I'm goin to get another carpet :lol:

i :love: in n out, your a bastard i want a double double now :x
lol

but ya ive held the biggest drinks the fast food places sale and reg soda bottles nd arizona teas..

but ive spents a whole
*7$ on the arm rest
*7$ on the cupholder section
*1$ on the tray part behind the cup holder

so a total of 15$ at that junk yard in fontana :thumb:
By chrono404
#227011 Nice DIY. Although I dont remember being impressed by the shallow cup holders in my EK. My drinks would always fly out when going through turns, I ended up putting them between the Seat and E-Brake.
By ghskid06
chrono404 Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice DIY. Although I dont remember being impressed by the shallow cup holders in my EK. My drinks would always fly out when going through turns, I ended up putting them between the Seat and E-Brake.

Well in an ek perhaps you can do that. But as you probably know theres not a lot that will fit between the eg ebrake and seat that wont fit in the eg cupholders.
By ImThaBean
#227073 Sweet right up man. I though about doing a write up when I did my swap. but I was by myself and when I get "In the ZONE" I can't concentrate on anything else but finishing the job. using the "L" brackets was a damn good idea. I didn't hack the front cig/tray part of the EG console, I trimmed the EK plastic to fit around the EG peice. Looks identical to yours though. Then I screwed the 2 peices of plastic together in the footwell area to hold down the front, and then the armrest sits loose. I should make the "L" brackets for the rear. :thumb: :thumb:

EK>EG center console all day. When I had me 99 sedan I HATED my cup holders but then I got an EG and wished for EK cupholders. :twisted:
By Ajax1989
#227079 yeah, when i got the ek cup holder i also got the stock eg ash tray thing and where the shift boot goes(had that cut too) so if i ever sell the car the ek cup holders are coming with me lol and my eg arm rest lol
By asianrob
#227091 looking good!

the only cup holder in my car is in my Armrest

when i didnt have that i would usually put it between the seats or only get bottles that had caps.