Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By doubskie
#225997 anyone ever done one?

heres what im doing provided it doesnt take too many modification..
take out my stock climate control and cut the dash piece to make it possible for a double DIN stereo to fit in.
then in a double DIN audio console, make a switch panel for my neons the size of a single DIN radio, and put a digital climate control piece from a different vehicle above the switch panel.

the only thing im not sure about is the climate control swap.
iv never heard of anybody doing it but im assuming its possible.
anybody know how that would work and if it would be a ridiculously hard job or not?

and also if anybody knows any other vehicles that have good looking digital climate control panels, either the same size or close enough that i could modify the console to fit it.
By deschlong
#227309 OP's post is a bad idea. :headscratch: Sorry to burst bubble.
Above post is a good idea, but still not for the faint-of-heart. I have all the components to do this retrofit. Won't happen til the spring though.
By asianrob
doubskie wrote:anyone ever done one?

take out my stock climate control and cut the dash piece to make it possible for a double DIN stereo to fit in.
then in a double DIN audio console, make a switch panel for my neons the size of a single DIN radio, and put a digital climate control piece from a different vehicle above the switch panel.

anybody know how that would work and if it would be a ridiculously hard job or not?

and also if anybody knows any other vehicles that have good looking digital climate control panels, either the same size or close enough that i could modify the console to fit it.

the only thing on our cars its all cable driven it would be almost impossible to do.
By doubskie
asianrob wrote:
doubskie wrote:anyone ever done one?

the only thing on our cars its all cable driven it would be almost impossible to do.

ya when i was checking it out to try and get an estimate of how long its gonna take me i noticed that.
so the only thing i can think of is to get some sort of solenoid attached to the cables and to the digital control.
but thats gonna be a lot of computer work. which im deffinately not capable of doing.

so im think ill just use the same climate control and move it lower down to the audio console if possible.
all i would have to do is extend the cables, obviously they would have to be the exact perfect length though.
feel free to correct me if im wrong.
im just trying to get all the info i can on it before i start the project and end up with no heat or ac
By DontHateonEG8
#228271 actually it be shortening the cable because it will be closer to the air box. but in reality its not hard at all and will take you 10-15 tops - just take your time before cutting the cable