Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By newbie101
#221042 Hey guys. My blower motor has been not coming on when I go out to start it early in the morning before school, which is a problem because my window fogs up since i'm breathing and I can't see. It is a decent drive to school through many areas with kids walking to school and I kinda don't want to hit one. I am looking for advice, since it works if I start it around 11 in the morning like on the weekends for work, what do you guys think it would be? I'm going to start with fuse and resistor

TIA :thumb:
By Clarkypoo
#221044 When I got my car the blower motor was out and I swaped in a new one and it still didn't work and it turned out just to be a fuse
By newbie101
#221053 I was just out there and it was not the fuse. . .
By Datsmart
#221072 Have you checked the Resistors?

It is easy to pull the resistor block and see if there are any broken or shorted coils. You might be able to move a coil so it does not touch another or just grab one from a wrecking yard.
By newbie101
#221080 Sorry to sound like an idiot, but where is the resistor box? Is it easy to get to?

I'll try searching, but I really need to have this fixed lol it's getting dangerous :shock:
Thanks!
By bk_civiceg
#221082 Mine quit working, the wires just lost connection. Just try cleaning the wire connections to the motor.
By newbie101
#221085 OK. It is working now, my stepdad suggested tapping it with a wrench, kicked right on. :thumb:

So I would guess that means the coils have a dead spot or something? I'll probably have to replace the motor eventually