Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By acereiEG
#213221 So, my hatch (dx) has a stock gauge cluster. I stumbled upon an EK in the junkyard and dug out the cluster (with a tach!) and got it for just over 15$. I thought it was a deal i had to snag, the details i would figure out later

later....

now that its later, i attempted to fit it into car, and no dice. The plugs that are supposed to go into the new cluster dont fit because the "clips" are off center (unlike our EG wiring which is dead center).
Anyone do this before? put an EK cluster into an EG and run into this problem? If so, what did you do? I have some ideas, but i dont want to go through all the work and realize that something doesn't work out.
By chrono404
#213223 Ek Clusters look Way Better then EG Clusters In my opinion. totally worth the effort to put them in.

Directions as from http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2612122

So if im right your saying why a EK and not a ITR because i got this for 10.00
rather than 100 plus for ITR. If i can get my hands on a JDM EK sir one that will be smokin
Any Ways OK what youll need
EK cluster with plugs and as much wire as you can get from the harness
wire strippers
soldering iron
elec tape
wire loom if you want
wiring diagram found mine on honda tech
dremel tool for cutting and sanding
Epoxy quick set
zap straps
this is the wiring diagram
this is after i have cut the top plastic off
see how thin it is once all the plastics are shaved off
i had to knotch the bezel so the eg cover would fit
here is the eg bezel after i shaved and hollowed it out so it was able to sit flush with the ek bezel
this is the reverse side
had to knotch out a lil bit because of a raised part on the ek bezel
here is the raised part
here is the eg bezel once i finished moding it
here on the bottom corner the is a lil nub had to shave it down flush
here is the eg mounted on the ek bezel notice i modded the odo button cause i didnt line up properly so i made a new one using the rod from my eg cluster
heres the cover on
see how it sit nice and flush
I drilled holes into the eg front and fed zap straps through to attach the cluster to it
here where it attaches to on the cluster
here are the stages of wiring once the wires were matched up and soldered together see there is one thats not hooked up thats the low fuel light egs dont have that
here are the plugs separated and taped you could stop here if you want
then hook it all up
here i used wire loom to clean it up
and TAHDAH !!!!
see if you can mod the eg bezel you can use the mounting holes and then you dont have to jimmy rig brackets
i still have to glue the clear case back on the bezel and repaint the bezel
but there you have it took me 2 days to do all that with interuptions from my 3 yr old son hes daddies lil helper

Since you have to take an eg cluster apart, I would recommend taking the tabs that clips hook into and solder wiring into the ek plugs. That will basically give you a jumper harness so you can go back if you want to.