Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.

mugen steering wheel or spoon sports steering wheel

67%
33%
By {ikon}EM1
#212947 Witch one would u prefer???
1. Mugen is a 360mm in diameter and has thumb notches and is made out of suede leather

Or

2.spoon sports is aslo 360mm in diameter and is manufactuared by momo and is black leather and red stitching

Both r in the same price range and both r real new in the box
By {ikon}EM1
#212949 I have a woodgrain wheel that my dad gave me but I don't want to daily it all the time cus I don't want to ruien it, and when I go to the track my hands always be slipping off of it due to sweat,,,
By HondaHoe187
#212962 the moog looks pretty sick
By Graffiti
#212999 i like the mugen better.. but somehow it's pretty bad when the suede fades or tends to flatten out in due time especially on daily use..
By Chance
#213138 Image
By {ikon}EM1
Graffiti wrote:i like the mugen better.. but somehow it's pretty bad when the suede fades or tends to flatten out in due time especially on daily use..

So suede fades and flattens out??? That sucks... I'm leaning twords the spoon due to that reason now... I have racing gloves that r suede that would be great with the mugen but that would be the only reason to get it...
By Chance
#213158 Yup, the suede will wear! :thumbdown:
By {ikon}EM1
#213186 It seems like people r saying mugen cus of the rarity I guess but I'm going more for function and reliability...
By EJ1-danny
#213312 I'm choosing between the same wheels also I love the suede and mugen logo but the spoon wheel is sooooo clean looking damn I can't choose :x
By Graffiti
#213355 one issue on gen2 spoon steering wheels ... the sticker on the horn button tends to fade or wear out also .. a thin application of clear coat will have it protected :thumb:

or avoid pressing the sticker logo area when you honk on :lol:
By chrono404
#213358 I wouldn't recommend going with a 'Racing' Steering wheel. I will make a list of reasons of why:

1) If you try to resell the car, people will think the car has been wrecked and instead of installing a new airbag you put in a 'racing steering wheel'

2) You loose your airbag. Not only do you not have an airbag it has less foam protecting you from the metal in the wheel. Also Remember even if you drive perfectly 100% of the time, Other peoples wrecklessness can get you into a wreck. Only thing that sucks more then loosing your faverate ride is being badly hurt in a wreck AND loosing your ride.

3) You loose your Cruise Control.

I can see on a pure race car having one of these, however if daily driven it doesn't seam like a good idea to me. If you want to no longer rock a stock stearing wheel, the S2000 Steering wheel is OEM, can keep Airbags and cruise control and looks really darn cool. The 06+ Civic Si's steering wheels look cool imo, as well as the 09+ Fit Wheels. They will also both keep airbags and cruise control.

Not only that its not often you see a S2k, 06+Si or Fit Steering wheel in an Eg/EK. I have seen s2ks in egs online. never in person. that would be much more impressive then seeing a 'racing steering wheel imo' Especally a flat one.