Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By RottenEg6
#212455 So ever since I've got my car, my speedometer has been way off.. Occasionally when driving it reads 0 mph until I hit about 20 mph and it will shoot up..

or when driving, the speedometer will read 20 mph when at a complete stop but pick up later once i pass a certain speed.

Another problem is when it actually DOES work correctly, the speedometer will read about 8 - 9 mph higher than actual speed...

I'm driving an eg6 but I have a 96 integra dash + gauge cluster.. Maybe it was installed wrong? :? I really have no clue at all...
By Classiccarsrule85
#212464 sounds to me like it could be as simple as either your vss or speed sensor or it could be your speedometer.....in the cluster....and sadly only way i know to test is get one you know that works and swap it see if anything changes
By jb-b16b-ej1
#212494 this has happend to me im positive its your vss i changed mine when it was acting that way and it works fine now.
By RottenEg6
JUICE wrote:if it's the vss it will throw a CEL. if no CEL, its most likely in the cluster

I know I sound dumb but what's vss and CEL?
By jb-b16b-ej1
#213488 vehicle speed sensor and check engine light
By Adrian91
#213685 Ive got the same problem. Ill find out on saturday what the problem is. Getting a new cluster, gonna throw that in and go from there
By sbucks
#214392 Hi there, I too was having major issues with the speedo in my '93 Si. :x checked all the wiring, fuses, and changed out the VSS. All with no luck. I also have a '92 Si with the exact same problem. Then I found a post on another Civic site suggesting re-soldering all the terminals on the back of the speedo unit it self. The post suggested that over time the factory solder could fatigue and make small hairline cracks unable to see with the eye. So as my last resort before sourcing out a new cluster I removed the cluster and re-soldered all the connections. To my surprise it work!! :woot: didn't believe it. It took pics and will be putting a DIY tutorial together here right away. Hope this works for others like it worked for me!
By sbucks
#214413 No it does not. It has stock eg dash, gauge cluster and front end.
By RottenEg6
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Ok so wait... u have a eg with a tegy type r frount end????

Yessir :thumb: