Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By kt95CiviCDX
#212195 i read this some time ago and can't find it now...what can i do to keep the dash clock bright when the headlights are on ?
By RottenEg6
chilango41 wrote:Cut and tape off the red/black wire on the harness :thumb:

Wouldn't that just turn off the light completely? LOL
By DontHateonEG8
RottenEg6 wrote:
chilango41 wrote:Cut and tape off the red/black wire on the harness :thumb:

Wouldn't that just turn off the light completely? LOL

nope, the red/black wire is the "lights on" wire, and when clock doesnt have that wire it stays on bright all the time :)
By RottenEg6
#212367 Ohhh good to know!! Thanks! :thumb:
By Simmons
#212445 This better work,ima try it soon :thumb:
By DontHateonEG8
Simmons wrote:This better work,ima try it soon :thumb:

it will trust me. i got my jdm coin pocket so i had to delete the dash light adjuster switch (cant think of the name right now lol) and to delete it i had to jump them wires and voila :D
By Simmons
#212462 So if i cut it and the ignition is off,will it go off 2?
By Graffiti
#212572 hmmm... this i gotta try 8)
By kt95CiviCDX
#212577 yeah it worked....lol thanks!!! i'm going to modify my headlights to stay on all the time so i needed the clock to stay bright or during the day it would be hard to see
By DontHateonEG8
kt95CiviCDX wrote:yeah it worked....lol thanks!!! i'm going to modify my headlights to stay on all the time so i needed the clock to stay bright or during the day it would be hard to see

look into daytime running lights module. i remember reading my manual and it said that canadian (CDM) models came with Daytime running lights, which is a module placed i believe in the engine bay - not too sure where it connects. id rather invest into that then fuck with your existing wiring. my 2 cents.
By kt95CiviCDX
#212609 No the daytime running lamps are different then having the headlights stay on...it's a separate bulb and everything
By cody27
kt95CiviCDX wrote:No the daytime running lamps are different then having the headlights stay on...it's a separate bulb and everything

no, city lights are a separate bulb...usually a 194 wedge

DRLs are just the low beam

as for the CDN civic DRLs there is a gray relay box under the dash on the driver side kick panel and a resistor box under the hood in the rear corner where the main wire harness goes through the firewall
By DontHateonEG8
cody27 wrote:
kt95CiviCDX wrote:No the daytime running lamps are different then having the headlights stay on...it's a separate bulb and everything

no, city lights are a separate bulb...usually a 194 wedge

DRLs are just the low beam

as for the CDN civic DRLs there is a gray relay box under the dash on the driver side kick panel and a resistor box under the hood in the rear corner where the main wire harness goes through the firewall

yeah what he said :D