Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By asianrob
#212717 or hey do this?

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10513
By asianrob
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
asianrob wrote:or hey do this?

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=10513

i guess the OP wants headlights to be on all the time when the car is ON...

oh why? that just wastes energy!!

is that even possible? maybe hooked up to toggle switch?
By kt95CiviCDX
#212782 i just need to know what to run the power for the headlights too so that they would turn on when the car starts...i mean most cars are that way today anyways so it must not waste too much power
By asianrob
chilango41 wrote:Its just city lights like asianrob pointed.

i think he is wanting something like Auto headlights?.

i imagine if you could pull some wiring and relays off a newer accord or another honda/acura model that has auto headlights you could pull that off but if you want them on ALL the time. it will take a little more wiring and knowledge.
By DontHateonEG8
asianrob wrote:
chilango41 wrote:Its just city lights like asianrob pointed.

i think he is wanting something like Auto headlights?.

i imagine if you could pull some wiring and relays off a newer accord or another honda/acura model that has auto headlights you could pull that off but if you want them on ALL the time. it will take a little more wiring and knowledge.

word - accesory wire wont cut it.

besides newer cars do not have lights on automatically. my parents' 2011 pilot have city lights in the upper portion of the headlights. only that part lights up upon turning the key into on position.
By ImThaBean
#212868 Yeah.... What he said. I have the parts to add the CDM DRL's on my car. the wiring is tricky and I cant see myself laying on my back on the drivers side floor board for a long period of time to wire everything in.... Just yet.

But yes, the DRL's work differently than city lights. the DRL's send a lower wattage signal to the high beam when the car is on. Once you turn the headlights on it switched to the standard low beam.

**side note**
I just remembered, when I installed my clock it was really hard to see it when it dimmed. I took it all apart and clean the plastic lens and the glass piece that displays the time with some glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth. It made a world of difference.
By deschlong
#215880 I am the person who pulled all the wiring for the CDM DRLs for ImThaBean (poster above) and sold them to him. This mod will operate the lights just like you have described. Contact me if you would like to purchase the necessary parts.

Partial DIY for the install (mostly photos of connectors) ... ImThaBean will write up the full DIY when he does his retrofit ... won't you!!