Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Classiccarsrule85
#211485 So yea since apparently they have discontinued making those center vent dash pods that stick out of the center vent. I decided to get stuff done....and since my guage cluster project is still in the works i decided to allow for more guages and make something almost like a 240z had but we will see in the coming weeks how this progresses....

So here are the specs and stuff like that...
Center vent - taken from teh junkyard out of a 4dr with sun damaged plastics

im looking at either 2 or 3 guages 2 is conservative as it will allow me to have enough space and stuff like that but the more guages the better i think....as the more things you can read that your engine is doing or things that are happening in the engine compartment i feel the easier you can tune and make sure things are going smoothly.....

Anyhow here are the beginning pics well.....lets just say im using my old airbag dash and a spare ef cluster so dont mind that it was just for positioning ......so heres my project so far....

quick diy center vent removal

go from back to front lol

and now for the other pictures of progress lol i cant believe i started another project....

let me get some feedback so i can really make this something sweet.....and spectacular.....
Last edited by Classiccarsrule85 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ThaOlyog
#212986 keep up the good work man, im trying to do the same thing since i cant get a gauge cluster for my car.
By Classiccarsrule85
#215004 So update tonight i went to home depot because i had an idea (saw it when trying to find expanding foam lol and finally got the money for it) it was cheap but yea gotta pay other things so yea to make a long story short bought this peice of pcv was going to buy a longer one but couldnt find the price tag and after looking at it really didnt need that long of a pipe so heres a pic of the pipe i bought

Then i took a cutting bit and my dremel and went to work i was surprized at how fast it went i think it took me an hour to figure everything out and stuff like that and well here are some pics

and with guages

Still got some things to work out but this was a big step as well as a big step for my custom cluster setup

So yea let me know what you think may if this turns out good and there is interest take a trip to my junk yard grab a couple center vents make my guage pod setup and sell it off but thats a bit far off we will see how things go

but for now enjoy teh updates
By RPGonzos_EJ
#215076 Nice, i had plans to do something like that. Not sure how you were planning on finishing but i was just going to buy a sheet of ABS plastic and with the heat gun shape it to a small arch overr that hole, wrap it with matching pleather of the dash and than mold a couple of pods into the front using more ABS plastic.

Nice pics, putting more plans in my mind for yet more projects ... i know you know how that goes :)
By MG6
#215083 nice idea and looks good. Won't it be nice to get some arcylic or do you plan to CF it?
By Classiccarsrule85
chilango41 wrote:Something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRx7R8KwX_8

itd be nice but im not that good with fabrication yet this is my first guage pod and other things like that......the only other things ive fabricated would end up being the integra into eg cluster swap( not really my idea but i made two already), ive custom fit a ek center console (full into the eg) planning on maybe a half ek/eg combo but also thinking that the prelude console looks sweet too.....and the only other thing ive really one is minor things that really would be unable to see..im rather enjoying this project .....
By Classiccarsrule85
#215612 So a little update 9/27/2010

A rainy day so couldnt do anything else except sit and well that got boring so i improvised. and used some left over plastic from a recent door pocket install and well started bracing and frameing the pod.....plans for the finished product. include fiberglass either paint or if its simple enough i may wrap it in fabric or a pleather that looks like what the dash has..

Anyhow lets show some pictures ( ran out of hot glue so had to stop this is what i have so far....

debating weither or not i want to keep the little shades i have going over the top more than likely i will......well thats all for now let me know what you think
By blk92hb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRx7R8KwX_8

thats dope as fuck!!! :o
@ccr85 the gauge pod is coming out real good cant wait to see the whole thing together
By ron_kimi
#215878 nice diy project