Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Honda4life
#198071 Alrite I was wondering if a quick relase steering wheel would pass visual smog inspection in Cali? My 2nd question which mite sound dumb but gota ask just to confirm is will the quick release affect my powersteering or any wires for it since I have to take off my stock steering wheel? I had a quick release on my dx ej but since it was a dx it didn't have power steering and I know the horn won't work and srs lite will be on. Oh the quick release would be going in my 92 si hatch if your wondering what car
By Punksz6
#198176 I changed my wheel to all NRG quick release,short hub and I think you don't have to worry about that for smog. Also I still have to hook up my horn and the SRS light was on for while, till I took out the bulb from the cluster. Powersteering should be cool too.. :thumb:
By ImThaBean
#198385 They dont check restraint systems during the visual part of the smog check. They check to make sure you have a cat, muffler, all emission controls, etc.

They may say something since the SRS light will be on. And dont just take the bulb out cause that will throw a red flag too if it doesn't come one (dependent on the smog place)

If you every have to go to a ref on the other hand.. that would b a big NO-NO.
By Ajax1989
#198390 nope you dont need to worry.. all they care about is the smog, evap visuals, and the check engine light, other then that, its none of the smog techs bisness whats is in/on your car..

as long as your car passes smog, they dont care, your ins would care more about the quick release then the smog place

oh and the ref = the devil, he will find everything and anything to fuck your day up, so if you have to see the ref, i wish anyone luck 8)
By Punksz6
#198406 I know I took my bulb out because I didn't want to see the light on and x2 on the Smog its pretty much all to do with Emissions...They can't fail you for not having a SRS system with light on or not..

But, Yes if you have to get it Refed then I would leave the Stock there till u get done with that then change it... :thumb:

Let us know how it goes if you get the Quick release...Pics too.. :thumb: