Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By ct126x
#196720 whenever I turn on my defroster/heater (basically when I turn on the climate control) I smell a very funky odor. Can't really make out what it is. And today I noticed a leaf sticking out of one of my vents lol. I read on the forum to spray lysol in the vents? How would I go about cleaning it and making sure it doesn't smell anymore? :D
By TrailerTrash
#196721 take your dash out and crack the heater box open. I guarantee there is all kinds of nasty crap clogged up inside of it.

they make a spray for your problem but thats just a bandaid.
By ct126x
TrailerTrash wrote:take your dash out and crack the heater box open. I guarantee there is all kinds of nasty crap clogged up inside of it.

they make a spray for your problem but thats just a bandaid.

Where is the heater box located?
By 93hatcheg
#196747 once you trake out the dash its the big black box lookin thing in the middle...you cant miss it
By ct126x
#196749 After I take it out, do I just clean it up and put it back in or is there a special way to clean it?
By GSRgoodies
ct126x wrote:whenever I turn on my defroster/heater (basically when I turn on the climate control) I smell a very funky odor. Can't really make out what it is. And today I noticed a leaf sticking out of one of my vents lol. I read on the forum to spray lysol in the vents? How would I go about cleaning it and making sure it doesn't smell anymore? :D

i may have to do this as well my climate control smells like shit
By egsedanguy
#196756 well i took off the fan box. its behind the glove box. take that out. it has a vent that pulls air from the cowl. mine was caked with dirts and leaves. cleaned it out and not only did it start smellen better but blows much better now. ther is a filter in ther also witch can be cleaned or replaced. then just put some smell good in ther. :thumb:
By ct126x
egsedanguy wrote:well i took off the fan box. its behind the glove box. take that out. it has a vent that pulls air from the cowl. mine was caked with dirts and leaves. cleaned it out and not only did it start smellen better but blows much better now. ther is a filter in ther also witch can be cleaned or replaced. then just put some smell good in ther. :thumb:

Cool, I'll check that out tonight. Was it hard to do?