Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By chilango41
#195693 My car is always blowing hot air even if I put the temperature on cold.
Anyone have an idea why it does that?
By forcefedEG
#195697 the little selector valve out on the fire wall could be stuck (black plastic thing your heater hose comes off of)

or there are little cables that run to that valve, the could have came off the inside of your climate control... honestly ive only really seen this problem on like old 60s or 70s models cars... but it could just as easily happen in a civic, espically if someones had it apart before... thats the first 2 things i could think of...
By chilango41
#195703 I checked both and they work fine.
Is like a little valve by the fire wall right
By forcefedEG
#195704 yeah... honetly thats the only thing i could think of, and if one of the cables came off, youd probally complain of a lack of resistance in the selector from hot to cold when you slide it

honstly thats strange :?
By Chance
#195708 AC? Low Freon? or you just talkin about regular air flow.
By chilango41
#195709 Yea its strange.
Just regular air flow, I have no ac like 21546456 other civic's :lol:
By JUICE
#195757 with the system all off and it set to "recirculate" instead of "fresh" stops that air flow right??

is the part on the firewall you guys are talkin about related to that switch??
By teal_dx
#195785 the part by the firewall, actually a little box inline on the coolant hose, has a cable that connects to the temp control on the HVAC unit in the dash.

That button you're talking about controls something inside the dash ductwork that draws in fresh air from the cowl area on the pass side or recirculates the cabin air.