Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By darylcc
#191433 hey guys!!

my car got a heater in it and its not useful for me because i live in a tropical country..my questions is can i get rid of the heater? BTW my car is a honda civic 99..i know this forum serves only EG's..but before this car i got a EG sedan 95 carbureted..anyway i hope you can help me since i know other EG's out there has heaters too..thanks guys.
By teal_dx
#191437 you sure can :thumb:

You'll need to take out the entire dash to remove the heater core. Also you will need to loop the coolant lines that used to go to the heater core.

But I have to ask, why go through all the trouble? It's not like the heat is taking up valuable space or adding that much extra weight. I think it will hurt the resale value of the car too. I would only do it if this is going to be a track car. :thumb:
By darylcc
#191438 [quote="teal_dx"]you sure can :thumb:

You'll need to take out the entire dash to remove the heater core. Also you will need to loop the coolant lines that used to go to the heater core.

But I have to ask, why go through all the trouble? It's not like the heat is taking up valuable space or adding that much extra weight. I think it will hurt the resale value of the car too. I would only do it if this is going to be a track car. :thumb:[/quote]

thanks man...but its just i dont to full blast the aircon..because it might break or something out of pressure..because when i put it in the middle..the heater activates..and here in the philippines is very hot..i really dont need it..

anyway i will try to see if i can remove it..cant i just overide some wires to keep it from heating...just by taking/removing some wires from the thermostat?or ecu,fusebox..
By deschlong
#192302 Please explain WHY you want to remove parts, when leaving your temp control all the way to COOL isn't enough?? You have Air Conditioning, yes?
By JUICE
#192309 and if your engine started over heating, turning the heat on can buy a little time..

definitely not worth the pain in the ass :thumb:
By darylcc
#192510 [quote="deschlong"]Please explain WHY you want to remove parts, when leaving your temp control all the way to COOL isn't enough?? You have Air Conditioning, yes?[/quote]

its not enough bro..its really very hot here in the philippines..so i need to kill the heater..anyway the car is being fixed..i ask them to remove the heater..lets see the changes it will made..thanks
By teal_dx
#192586 rather than have them physically remove the heater and lower the value of your car, Just have them loop the coolant line that goes to/from the heater core. That way it can be put back to stock. :thumb:
By darylcc
#195625 okay..it seems to be working..but our car has to be brought to the dealer..it has been overheating..and the dealer has to reconnect again the heater hose..so its back..but i think if just remove the hoses it works..