Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Jailbreak Ryan
#189836 Any suggestions on getting rid of that nasty old cigarette smell that lingers in the car? I bought some carpet and fabric cleaner at O'Reilly's today and scrubbed every bit of interior and armoralled. I just bought of the CS-X3 air freshener. Is there anything else I can do to eliminate that smell?
By Dippin_EG
#189840 This sounds kinda crazy, but i found that if you get a glass and fill it maybe halfway with white vinegar, then leave it in there for a day, it will get the smoke smell out, and your car will smell like vinegar for a few days (which will fade out), but it will get rid of the cigarette smell. This also works with ammonia, but ammonia is WAY more potent smelling and can cause gagging and such.

The next way, which you may not be so skeptical about is baking soda, which should take the smell away after a few days.

And then if you want to spend some money to get rid of the smell you can get this stuff called Ozium, which i have heard works very well.

http://www.atmosphereproducts.com/product_images/ozium/
By Jailbreak Ryan
#189841 Thanks bro, I'll try out the vinegar right now.
By Dippin_EG
#189845 No problem dude. but, like i said, it will leave a smell of vinegar for a day or two, but after that it should be ok.
By TrailerTrash
#189859 you could bake the car with some incense :hehe:
By Dippin_EG
TrailerTrash wrote:you could bake the car with some incense :hehe:

if by incense you mean budz, that would work as well :lol: :thumb: :thumb:
By Jailbreak Ryan
Dippin_EG wrote:

I've had incidents while smoking in the car that didn't go over well.
By Vti93T
#189965 we have this spray at work that we've used on placemats that smokers return to us and I mean like the person smoked right over them they were NASTY! well I sprayed some of our neutralizing spray on them a couple times and now they smell good.
By TrailerTrash
Dippin_EG wrote:

that works too :thumb:

Vti93T wrote:we have this spray at work that we've used on placemats that smokers return to us and I mean like the person smoked right over them they were NASTY! well I sprayed some of our neutralizing spray on them a couple times and now they smell good.

also works
By Chance
#190844 Febreze...it doesn't just cover up the odors, it eliminates them. :P
By OleFolk
#191876 try to always keep your windows open when you smok which u probably do anyways .dont ash in ur car especially bud. really if ur not baking ur civic out ur good.
By chilango41
#192189 What I did was put 3 air freshners in there (your favorite ones) mine were black ice. Let them sit for a couple of days while I was working on the car and opened the windows regularly :thumb:
By i8umup
#192204 i am not nockin any of these options but what u need is to go down to ur local hvac supply store and get whats called "cherry air" you may also be able to find it online somewhere. its a air nutrilizer. smells like cherry and lasts for like 8 months also comes in orange and some other smell. i use it in resturant ac units to blow cherry smell in the air.

heres a link i just looked up for someone that sells it online
http://www.emisupply.com/catalog/clenai ... -8640.html
By Dippin_EG
i8umup wrote:i am not nockin any of these options but what u need is to go down to ur local hvac supply store and get whats called "cherry air" you may also be able to find it online somewhere. its a air nutrilizer. smells like cherry and lasts for like 8 months also comes in orange and some other smell. i use it in resturant ac units to blow cherry smell in the air.

heres a link i just looked up for someone that sells it online
http://www.emisupply.com/catalog/clenai ... -8640.html

Isn't that shit INTENSE though, Cherry is good... but not that damn good :lol: