Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Coplies
#188871 So this is a guide for installing a map light from a 94-01 integra into an EG that doesn't have a moon roof.

Materials Needed:
-map light
- ~4' of wire
-wire taps
-electrical connectors

Tools Needed:
-screw drivers (Phillips and strait)
-wire cutters/strippers
-wire crimpers
-needle nose plyers
-knife
-12v test light (very helpful)

1. Gather materials

2. remove both sun visors (2 screws each) and clips (1 screw each)

3. pull back the head liner and see if your car has the mounting tabs for the map light. If you do you should follow danomatic93's DIY. If it doesn't you can do what I did.

4. Remove the cover and bulb for the dome light

5. remove the one visible screw and unclip the dome light unit

6. attach a wire tap to the positive wire and feed it forward to where the headliner is pulled down. (this is where the test light helps)

7. Attach a ground wire to one of the screws that hold on the visor clips

8. Flatten the negative terminals of the map light so that the connectors will slide on

9. Attach the positive from the dome light and ground and test it

10. Carefully measure the location where it will be mounted in the headliner. (be sure that it is centered and square)

11. Carefully cut out the hole in the headliner (be sure to stay inside the lines because the snug fit is what will hold the unit in place)

12. Get the headliner in place, re-attach the sun visors and clips (be sure they are snug because one of them doubles as the ground), re-attach the dome light.

13. Sit back and enjoy :)

By dro21
#188876 Great write up....but im too scared to cut a hole in my headliner to do it.
By JdmJin
#189237 if anything that happens and you mess up, just cover your whole headliner in swede like that one write up haha
By deschlong
dro21 wrote:Great write up....but im too scared to cut a hole in my headliner to do it.

You've got to crack a few eggs to make an omelette.