Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Beatdowncivic
#181021 ok i know i should probably just switch out my cluster but until one falls into my lap :o:D i'm stuck with this one. with that said here is the issue my fuel gauge goes from a little over half tank when filled to the rim to supposedly almost the peg at the bottom of the gauge(don't wanna test it)is there any way to reset the needle when full ? oh and my speedometer needle jumps randomly as well i can be driving 60 and it will jump over and stick at 100 or randomly spin all the way around to the peg UNDER the 0 or just not working in general but if i thump it or knock on it will sometimes come back on :? what could be the problems and possible solutions as cheap as possible please thanks in advance guys
By Beatdowncivic
#181075 don't have the money to spare 100 on one or i would but would that fix both problems
By Chance
#181076 Replacing the VSS could fix the jumpy speedo needle....or maybe even the wires to it.
By Beatdowncivic
#181089 would that be cheaper to replace than the cluster
By Chance
#181091 If you know anyone with an eg try there VSS first to see if that is the problem. I believe they range from $70-90 new, or could take your chances at a junk yard...
By Beatdowncivic
#181093 only problem with having a friend with an Eg is the only ppl i know with an Eg are on here i've only lived in this area or even this state for 6 months and i know noone lol marquiee1018 is the only person i have really even talked to and haven't heard from him in little over a week he said he was gonna hook me up with a upper front bar and haven't been able to get ahold of him since oh and my roommate but he won't let me touch his car
By teal_dx
with that said here is the issue my fuel gauge goes from a little over half tank when filled to the rim to supposedly almost the peg at the bottom of the gauge(don't wanna test it)is there any way to reset the needle when full ?

text time you fill up, try taking the cluster out and manually putting the fuel gauge all the way up to Full with your finger.

See if that does anything.

The problem could also be the sending unit in the fuel tank.
By Beatdowncivic
#181106 that's what i was thinking about doing with the fuel needle but i have heard a bunch of ppl saying not to mess with needle bc it was a huge headache to deal with btw a Lil off topic but what do you think about my idea about your garage?