Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By asianrob
#179792 its actually not that hard.

undo that nut where the arrow is pointed and undo the 2 12(?)mm nuts behind it take it out and once that is done there is a 10mm holding the shifter in place. than install is the reverse
By 99cx
#179803 yeah that looks easy. now quick question, to replace your shifter bushings it would be between where the bolt goes through?
By asianrob
99cx wrote:yeah that looks easy. now quick question, to replace your shifter bushings it would be between where the bolt goes through?

which ones? the long one? the long bushing would go behind the shifter where the 2 12mm bolts are

the round one i believe it replaces the one on the trans side, where the stabilizer bar just bolts to the trans. heres a link with pics that might help
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f94/diy ... ll-216701/
By 99cx
#180011 awesome link. deff gunna use that.

but what bushing would cause sloppy shifting?
like it moves back and forth when in gear like it would move in neutral?
By Vti93T
#180108 switching out the stock shifter for a short one isn't all that hard but what took me awhile on was the two bolts at the top..called up a friend and he told me to get a 10mm wrench and hold down the top of the bolts and use the socket to undo the bottom part..if that makes any sense.
By Apexracing
99cx wrote:awesome link. deff gunna use that.

but what bushing would cause sloppy shifting?
like it moves back and forth when in gear like it would move in neutral?

that is the main shifter bushing or the shifter seat. its a round cylinder bushing that accepts the ball of the shifter.

below is a break down of the entire shifter assembly provided by honda. # 8 is the actual shifter bushing, and i recommend replacing it when you instal a new shifter.

By 99cx
#180213 Awesome! thanks.

This forum is soo helpful :love: