Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Classiccarsrule85
#178352 Ok so before i do my DIY thread i want to post this build thread so you can se the progression and the steps then ill do a quick diy for those who want an overveiw...

So lets begin

Why am i doing this?
well ive been back and forth with the dx cluster, si/ex cluster and i even tested out a integra cluster and well i got bored of them all.....and they where not a 100% of what i truely wanted if you will....

So far ive figured out sort of what guages i wish to use
-integra speedo
-Jaguar xj6 fuel guage--tested and works better than stock--
-oem temp guage may try and find a aftermarket one...
-autometer oil PSI guage
-volvo 240 tach(the small tach in its own guage tube)

Ok the guages may be revised as i go but heres some pictures of my progress.....

ok so at this point i was haveing troubles with perfect fitment so i decided to go ahead and section the cluster apart....this was probaly the best decision i made because it allowed me to completely pop apart the clusters unneeded plastic....and here are some pictures......

I then tok the outer frame for teh stock cluster and placed it on the faceplate peice by peice making sure it fit nicely....Then hot glued the thing together waited for it to dry and then took it apart again for a bit more trimming....

I was thinking about useing the srs as a vtec or warning light however i decided to just say screw it and cut that off as well....

And before i cut the front faceplate...(much like the integra swap)

And thus far thats where im at right now as i started many other projects this one is on the back burner for just now i mean im going to definately get to it shortly just waiting on a couple parts in the mail for my swap for the oil psi guage to work.....

Wireing plans....
-I am thinkin of taking the engine harness plugs that im going to get out of the junkyard and use that insteead of wiring the guage directly this will make it easier to accomplish a clean working cluster i think....

So yea what do you guys think and any suggestion on what i should use for the faceplate and baccking plate?? im thinking of useing fiberglass but unsure.....
Last edited by Classiccarsrule85 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By blk92hb
#178402 keep up the good work i cant wait to see this, i am wanting to do the same with some autometer gauges :thumb:
By jdm_rolex
#178523 this is crazy. would love to see finished cluster!
By Classiccarsrule85
jdm_rolex wrote:this is crazy. would love to see finished cluster!

its comming along still a major work in progress but nothing i cannot handle and hopefully within a couple weeks i should have something that should be working half way decently .....still struggleing with the choice of materials to use since i want it durable and easy to use lol but yea more updates are comming up shortly....
By stubrun
#178538 cant wait to see this finished :)
By Classiccarsrule85
#206027 update time finally lol.....well its been awhile and now with boredom setting in and a new project cx on the way i have decided to get back to making things awesome again....

So now i have either setup

A)

B)

C)Image

im leaning towards setup A as its got the tach and the speedo kinda into one saveing space

and not probaly useing all those guages as i know the a/f ratio i want a better one and stuff like that.....
By Trang
#206133 Bout time. lol, B looks pretty good because it doesn't have the overlap of tach on speedo. Should check out how the RX7's clusters are because the setup has the large tach as the main focus.
By berg89
#206143 Hmmmmmm....b or c.
By Torch_Ind
#206148 can't wait to see further progress
By Classiccarsrule85
#206189 was thinking about getting a digital speedometer to be honest and i mean auto meter sells a speedo/rpm digital guage but yea we will see they tend to be pricey and i do see what you mean with the rx7 clusters its alright but im not 100% sold with that setup lol because i can judge my rpms by the sound of the motor and speed at which i am going along with the gear selected....

but yea still more work to be done will get things a rolling shortly taking delivery of my new project either thursday or friday woot!!
By BlueVic_8354
#216141 any update on this thread? i wish i could see the finished product...
By Classiccarsrule85
#216312 still working on it been rather busy at my work they threw me on 3rd shift and for the past 2weeks been sleeping and working lol finally getting time off after i get out sunday at least i think ill go and put some time into that ive been mainly looking at getting my center vent pod to a point where i feel comfortable setting it down and waiting till i have time to fiberglass it and stuff like that....

once again i have way too many projects in my head lol but yea its been awhile so shortly i think this project needs some attention but im still in the process of decideing guages i know im looking into possibly dual guages or 2 in 1 as well as possibly getting a sealed speedo but still researching i have found a reference tho that kinda helps its skunk2's drag car i think...

http://www.modified.com/features/modp-1006-1993-honda-civic-vx/photo_05.html

Who knows really like i said still planning this out but will have an update soon...
By Classiccarsrule85
#218026 update 10/12/10

so like i said im updateing this thread may have taken a bit but went to the dollar store bought some foam core made up some drawings and cut them out of the foam core.....now to figure out which one will work best

now im also experimenting with custom diy digital speedo as i really just need a small speed guage and id prefer a larger tach....so we will see what all comes of this...anyhow here are pics

So yea going to be posting a voteing thread to see which one you guys think works the best but for now heres this
By ghskid06
DontHateonEG8 wrote:This!

:thumb:

x2