Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By pinky
#165185 Is there one bulb that lights up all the indash lights when the lights are on? My friend was messing with my cd player the other day while we were going down the road and all the indash lights went off. First I thought it was the fuse, but I replaced pretty much all the fuses since most were bad anyway.

I bought a dd eg hatch a few days ago since I blew my 240 up, and I know very little about it. It has some dents, faded paint, and rust in the quarters so its just my dd, until I decide to do something major to it. To beat all, its a vx. I'll stop rambling, lol, but anyone have any idea about the indash lights?
By EJ1-danny
#165186 Word I'm also having problems with my dash staying on like it'll turn off on its own I bang on the dash and it comes back on I've replaced the dimmer switch but its still happening its mad annoying I don't know how to fix it :(
By pinky
EJ1-danny wrote:Word I'm also having problems with my dash staying on like it'll turn off on its own I bang on the dash and it comes back on I've replaced the dimmer switch but its still happening its mad annoying I don't know how to fix it :(

lmfao. No way in hell I'd bang on my dash. I'd be afraid it would break, or something goofy would happen, like one of my wheels fall off or blow it up, lol.
By EJ1-danny
#165189 Lol damn dude its a car not an old lady but yea it sucks cause I just learned to drive stick and I use the gauge a lot :thumbdown:
By pinky
EJ1-danny wrote:Lol damn dude its a car not an old lady but yea it sucks cause I just learned to drive stick and I use the gauge a lot :thumbdown:

lmfao, true story, but its my only car and the odometer read 362k miles, so i'm skeered, lol. I know how to drive a stick fine, but I like to baby it around and I wanna know how fast I am going when I see a cop, lol.
By Classiccarsrule85
#165196 well if you replaced teh dimmer switch replaced the fuse then most liekly its that cluster subharness that stretches from that of the fuse box to the radio its pretty easy to replace just have to have the patience....
By pinky
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:well if you replaced teh dimmer switch replaced the fuse then most liekly its that cluster subharness that stretches from that of the fuse box to the radio its pretty easy to replace just have to have the patience....

What is the dimmer switch, and what is a good way that isn't it?

I'm thinking its the subharness since my friend was messing with the cd player, but of course I'm not sure.
By edcortez9
#165219 you sure you checked all the fuses.. because he might have connected the illuminatinon wire as ground for the stereo by mistake and the fuse will blow everytime the dash light turns on.. ill would check the fuses again if i was you...
By pinky
edcortez9 wrote:you sure you checked all the fuses.. because he might have connected the illuminatinon wire as ground for the stereo by mistake and the fuse will blow everytime the dash light turns on.. ill would check the fuses again if i was you...

What does the illumination wire look like? I'm guessing it is black?

I hooked the cd player up, and the lights worked fine, until he started messing with it, and then all the indash lights went off, but all other lights are fine.

More details about what you mean please?

I will check all the fuses again tomorrow just in case.
By edcortez9
#165237 the black wire is ground.. i think the illumination i think is yellow/red that wires is from the dimmer switch it is used for stereo for like if you wanna dim the lights on the lights on the stereo like your dash lights.. when the wires are cut people are often mistaking it for ground since they both give ground..

but i thought i read that he was installing it.. then its most likely something else
By pinky
#165240 Oh, ok. Ya, my wires are cut and its a total pain... I have been debating on attempting to find a harness for it, but how hard would hooking it up be? Especially if I got one out of a junkyard and cut it from the wires. Is it possible to "redo" it and make it back to a harness, and then just buy the harness for a cd player. I hope what I'm saying makes sense, lol.
By Classiccarsrule85
pinky wrote:Oh, ok. Ya, my wires are cut and its a total pain... I have been debating on attempting to find a harness for it, but how hard would hooking it up be? Especially if I got one out of a junkyard and cut it from the wires. Is it possible to "redo" it and make it back to a harness, and then just buy the harness for a cd player. I hope what I'm saying makes sense, lol.

Well hopefully i read this right you could go about popping the harness out from another civic at the junkyard (92-95 ) of coarse. its a very simple project just takes patience.....

Heres a DIY i did and it never got stickied probaly because it was quite simple.....
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=949 ... eplacement

just make sure you replace the harness with a harness from the same trim level this way ensures you wont lose the ability to use a sunroof or something like that....

and it may be possible to make it back into a harness but unless you know what your doing i wouldnt do it....once you get the harness situated then id suggest getting a radio harness adapter i have about 15 of them pm me if you want one but thats the easiest way to hook up a radio to a car....
By 99cx
#179338 its the Red/Black wire that does the dash lights. put a meter on the pinout on the harness that goes to cluster, radio, climate control. anything that lights up at night and see if you have 12v when you turn your lights on.

...thats if you havnt fixed it by now...