Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By danomatic93
#145759 If your car got broken into and the trim piece got jack up here's how to remove it without having to completely remove the dash!

For starters, you have to be committed to take off the whole bezel (the thing that frames the heater control, cd player, and steering wheel.

Here's how:

1.Start by doing the easiest thing. Remove the cd player and the upper center console (the piece that has the coin tray and cig tray/lighter on it).

2.Remove the kick panel (the thing your knee hits when you are sitting) 3 screws

3.Remove the metal reinforcement that is behind the kick panel. 2 - 10mm bolts

4. Remove the Gauge bezel (to do this pop out hazard button [it pops out], remove all screws. The bezel frame should come out. It's attached by clips and the screws you removed) Then unscrew the guage bezel and remve it.

5. Now for the second hardest part. Remove the heater control unit. (It's easy if you do it a lot, which I do, but whatever) You basically have to do yoga to get to the screws that hold the unit in. There are three screws. Two are near the front underneath. The other is near the back middle underneath. Once unscrewed, remove the metal wire (that controls the temp setting). Please don't bend it too much. Now you can pull out the unit.

Recap:
You removed the cd player, the heater control unit above that, the coin tray/cig tray/lighter piece below those, hazard switch, and guage bezel.

Now that your dash it completely in pieces you can get to the damn screws that hold the main bezel to the dash.

6. There are 9 screws that hold the bezel on. I suggest to use a small mirror to find them before you go nuts. You had to remove all of those parts to get a screwdriver at the proper angle to remove them. Get a collection of phillips screwdrivers handy. Get a short one, long one, angled one, and kinds you can the get the right angle. Once you get all the screws you're done.
If my memory serves me right, the dots are the locations of the screws.

Please allow 2-3 hours to get this done if you have never removed these things. It will take a long time. But after the first time it will only take an hour next time.

Feel free to ask any questions whenever. I would suggest for you to get a Chilton's manual or a cheap haynes manual to fit some pics of the insides.

Then your car will be in one piece again...

GOOD LUCK!

Disclaimer:
You acknowledge that I shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of, or reliance upon, any such information, material, products, or services.
By MG6
#146146 Great detail information!
By PandaHatch
#146149 I just broke my shit you owe me>>> sike very goo info I was trying to pry that off the other day but ended up not needing to. :thumb:
By matt is (eg6)
#147045 yeah and if your cd player is already out you can just reach through and push up on the hazard switch.. and it comes right out instead of trying to take it out from the top
By whitedxi
#147510 those srews are a pain in the ass. did this once and you need a flexible screwdriver
By colby90210
#304562 so what would be a step by step gauge bezel removal? how many screws? i popped out the emergency flashers, then the two screws above, and then the one under the emergency flashers. am i missing anymore? thanks for your time.
By Wicked
#304584 the 2 screws inner most and upper most on the bezel, closest to the steering wheel, are the most pain in the ass to get out and get in. to do the one near the fog switch I got a really pointy philips and literally took the screw out with the tip at like a 70 degree angle. Just gotta put hella pressure, and take your time so you don't strip the head. Also the first time you take these out they are the worst! because they ARE TIGHT!

everything else is easy. Also you forgot about the 2 plugs that hold the Heater unit in place. To get the green one off you have to come from the bottom up. You will see a small channel in the caseing of the heater unit. IT leads up to right under the green plug. Theres a small clip under the green plug you push it up with a screw driver and pull and it should pop out its a total pain, because you cant see if your pushing the clip or not. The other one you just slide out, you can see it its self explanatory. It will take a kung fu grip though.
By Phoenix288
#343035 Did you guys disable the airbags before removing the dash ?