Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Eg6H2D
#128397 Aside from going on ebay and trying to find the rear 92-95 civic EG oem speaker mounts and the whole costly set up, here is an alternative which works well!!

My cousin and I came up with an idea to install rear speakers using different style mounts due to the 92-95 rear speaker brackets being discontinued. Instead of paying some crazy price like 100$ for rear brackets for the 92-95 hatchback try and go with this idea. We installed two 6x1/2 in the rear using different mounts mine were from rear mounts out of a crx(not sure what year) but it worked great! My speakers are type s which sound good by the way if you cared to know! it was not that much work but better off spending 20$ for mounts than 100$ I sure as hell can tell you that! Also just make sure you have the oem speaker covers and it works great. Any questions just ask...any haters whatever I saved 80$...Thanks Let me know what you think!

Image[/IMG]
Image[/IMG]
Image[/IMG]
Image[/IMG]
[img][img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x120/beaterboy699/speakers002.jpg[/img][/IMG]
By Vti93T
#128413 this is posted in the wrong section
By LPUK
#134993 Where did you get the covers for this install?

All the covers are really expensive man :/

Luke.
By teal_dx
#134994 at first I thought you were going to cut holes in your cargo cover when I read the title... :death:
Glad you didnt though - nice clean install :thumb:

moving this to Interior
By cxcivic14
#177214 cheapest way is actually zip ties if ur really broke lol ;)
By eminem790
#217953 how do u actually run the wires to install the rear speakers?
By blk92hb
#217956 does your speakers rattle in the back due to the one screw that hold the speaker mount in?
By teal_dx
eminem790 wrote:how do u actually run the wires to install the rear speakers?

I thought they were already there :?

If not then run the speaker wire from your radio, behind the dash, then behind the door sill trim, then up behind the rear plastic piece. :thumb:
By MG6
teal_dx wrote:

I thought they were already there :?

If not then run the speaker wire from your radio, behind the dash, then behind the door sill trim, then up behind the rear plastic piece. :thumb:

Yup, reach down on the side of the panel and you will feel a speaker wire tuck. I had mines snipped (no more stock connector), but you can always pull new speaker wires.
By kaiba
#218069 Cheapest way would be. Just use the speaker magnet to the shell.
By Eg6H2D

It's been awhile since this. the speaker wires should be inside the rear panels taped or tied some where. it's the only 2 wired with ends on them. Well that's how is was for my 93 Si. not too sure about other models..
By cjw_89
#233656 do those speaker grills come on certain model civics:O im looking for a cheap alternative or the model they come off. Is it like cx vx dx si ex..... Well my 93 si does not have them!
By OleFolk
#233679 rear speakers didnt come in si's until 94
Im going to try and use front speaker brackets for the rear
I have everything panels, bracket holder
I just dont actually have the rear bracket cause they dont make em