We don't know what Honda Rust is
By Boods
#330839 Hi guys!

I'm looking to move to LA from Ye Olde England and was wondering fi you guys could help.

I've been trying to find the right area to move to as I know Cali's rather big. I've been recommended everywhere but just wondered what area you guys'd recommend...

So far San Fernando areas like Glendale seem to reign top but wanted your true opinions.

What would you guys recommend for a single 21 year old moving over?

By Ajax1989
#330869 avoid LA.. find somewhere on the out skirts of LA.. your best bet would be Orange County or Riverside

but anywhere you go out here there are bad areas. I wont go to LA unless I have too
By Ajax1989
#330915 a lot of crime in LA.. as a skinny white boy, I keep to my self and avoid bad areas..

the OC is south of LA and is a lot nicer, but like I said everywhere has a bad area, just a lot less bad in the OC

and Riverside is more towards the desert what we call the IE (inland empire)

and the outskirts are gonna be cheaper and easier to travel around.. LA has some serious traffic, I live in the OC and have to travel to the IE for work which is like a 45 mile drive and it takes me almost an hr and half to get home
By JohnRM
#330924 ^ Agreed with the above post. Much of LA is very dangerous. A lot of crime, especially auto theft. You can actually look up a crime report and it shows the good and bad areas of LA.
By 93sihatchguy
#337165 Try Ventura County. It's an hour west of LA but it's a good area to live in. Thousand Oaks is considered one of the safest cities out here.
By Virux
#337196 It's the police and politics of California I want to avoid at all costs. Emissions complications is a biggie. From a Colorado perspective the police seem to think everybody is a street racer. I would buy property, build a barn, cover and chain my car inside it before I went to California based on all the shit I've seen online. I guess it can't be all bad since California probably has the biggest Honda tuning demographic. Although I think it's just the weather that draws them there...