By Chance
#205826 Moved, I win. 8)
By d-mon
Mauricio wrote:how can you go around a referee ticket in california

there are only two sure ways:
1. drive a completely stock car
2. never get pulled over, ever
By JUICE
#205833 wow, just looked into these "referee tickets" and the headaches that ensue..

OP, did you get one? or just askin about precautionary measures? sounds like what's been said already is all you can do.
By Ajax1989
#209886 it depends on how bad your fucked..

sometimes its better off selling your car and getting another one

if its something simple like exhaust or intake then its ez
but i know someone that popped with a jdm d16a and he has to sell the car, due to the k20 that was in there b4 he bought the car..

so there is no real way around it
or do what d-mon said ..lol
By Hereg6
#215931 Just put a stock motor back in your car and take it in
there's no need to sell your car cause you got a refree ticket
even if you sell your car the new owner has to deal with your refree ticket then and you will still have to pay a fat ass ticket then
i would rather pay a $25 fix it ticket then a $400+ ticket
By 93hatcheg
#215943 ya the fat refereee fine is expensive its cheaper and easier to buy s stock b7 on craigslist for like $200 complete swap and swap it in. (a swap only take about 3hrs. well when you have done it as many times as i)
By chrono404
Hereg6 wrote:Just put a stock motor back in your car and take it in
there's no need to sell your car cause you got a refree ticket
even if you sell your car the new owner has to deal with your refree ticket then and you will still have to pay a fat ass ticket then
i would rather pay a $25 fix it ticket then a $400+ ticket

Makes sense to me, Especially given how easy it is to swap engines in our EG's.

Picking up a D15b7 and transmission can be had for less then 300, a quick trip to a junkyard will net you D Series shiftlinkage and axles for probally less then 100 bucks.

Swap it in and get your sticker then swap in whatever other engine you had in. As long as its a D Series, B Series or H Series it will be rather easy. K or J Series with needing to cut the old mount off and weld a new one in would make it much harder, however doable.

Another option is moving to a state with out retarded rules, Such as not being able to use a low Mileage japanse engine. or the b18 bored out b20 becouse it comes in a "Truck" (Please, Come on its a EK Civic Wagon, Pffh whatev).

A third and MUCH CRAZIER option also exists.
Buy aftermarket parts that have the CARB Approved and have the CARB Stickers on them, Also keeping a folder of purchases such as engine swaps to prove your legal. Crazy option isn't it?
By poorman type-r
#215949 Dude just do the orginal motor swap option way less of a headache lol. That way if you get popped again you have that motor waiting to get swapped in. Or just go get your motor barred (if you can). That will be the easiest way around it even though it cost a bit more money.