We don't know what Honda Rust is
By teal_dx
#156194 Seriously CA... first trying to ban black cars and now this :roll:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/154639 ... 9sdHADMQ--

The days of enormous, energy-hogging televisions -- especially plasma TVs -- could be coming to an end. Next week the California Energy Commission is set to vote on a proposal that could send shockwaves through the consumer electronics industry. Specifically, if the proposal passes, it would limit power consumption of all televisions sold in the state to about two-thirds the amount of power they consume today, beginning in 2011.

That would be catastrophic for many television manufacturers, who have actually been working to trim power consumption for years. But those advances haven't progressed as quickly as the state might like.

Plasmas, which use significantly more power than LCD televisions, would take the brunt of the hit. Based on current power consumption levels, the new proposal would ban the sale of all plasmas on the market larger than 60 inches in size because they simply use too much energy. That's bad news for consumers, because plasmas are dirt cheap right now: The linked story notes that a 50-inch, energy-efficient LCD television costs twice as much as a 50-inch plasma TV at retail, so budget-conscious consumers have been looking hard at plasma technology in recent months.

Some large LCDs would also be affected, but it's easier for manufacturers to lower energy consumption in LCDs by simply changing to LED backlighting. The sets would be more expensive for consumers than those with fluorescent backlighting, but the switch would at least keep large sets on the market.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but the prospect of these new rules been enacted has manufacturers alternately mad as apes and scared to death. The rules would officially only cover California, but the state is so large and powerful that its legislation would likely kill large-screen plasmas nationwide. Vendors and retailers are lobbying hard against the potential legislation, but in energy-conscious Cali, that might be a losing battle.
By d-mon
#156209 that makes perfect sense...
after they ban all the gas hogging obd1 civics and jdm engines to free up the air to be burned by 'eco-friendly' SUV's
By marvinp8700
#156237 cliffs: California
By Ajax1989
#156242 i hate this state with a passion!! :x

this place sucks, trying to ban black cars, i didnt hear about that..lol
By Chance
marvinp8700 wrote:cliffs: California

/Thread
By Classiccarsrule85
#156251 lol well why not just make a law that makes it illegal for anything that produces pollution and go back to the times of the horse and buggy.....i mean come on wtf i hate california because sometimes their laws make their way to other states.....

i mean seriously are they just trying to get themselves blown up into the ocean faster???

well im really thinking about not even having a tv anymore except to play video games since every show i watch can be easily found on the internet.....

And thankfully i dont live in california since im sure pretty soon they are gonna make farting illegal since i produces methane gas or something stupid like that....
By Gorveatt
#156258 I believe it ws tool that said it best
Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your Prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car.

It's a
Bullshit three ring circus sideshow of
Freaks
By Dippin_EG
#156269 lol, my friend wants to move to Cali sooo bad, and im like, Dude, cali sucks, im moving to anywhere BUT cali.... reasons like this are why

and its funny cause the company i work for, which delivers and installs furniture gets stuff from a company called HON, and OTG, which both have C.A.R.B. stickers on them....... :?: you have to have a c.a.r.b. compliant desk????
By RAKUN