Home of Tropang EG
By noel
#198420 Good day!

I got a civic 94 with bubbles all over the roof. Please give me the best affordable fix/repair for this without replacing the roof panel(i cant afford).

I brought my car to a friend reffered painter, his suggestion is to strip the paint and put steel epoxy on the holes and rusted parts. Do you think this will last long?

Another painter from local servitek said that the best fix is to put fiber or fiber glass on the rusted parts of the roof.

Any suggestions? Salamat po!
By noel
#198455 Ill try to post a picture maybe tomorrow. The rusts are evident by bubbles on the paint at my roof. I've read from a forum that those rusts were caused by the adhesive used at the honda factory. the bubbles are aligned maybe on the bracket support on the roof.
By Graffiti
#205285 ... Afaik treatment with lead will do, but then again, the surface outside the treated area might yield same rust problems in due time.. you need also to have the support brackets replaced if possible, or place something like in between that touches the roof skin ceiling.

all in all, the job can be done but a lot of work is needed to apply.. you should know if that would be feasible rather than having a "roofcut"
By BlueVic_8354
#215982 i guess roof cut is one of the best way to go away with the rusteeze...