I'm sure the locals will come up with a catchy description for their forum...
By r69bp
#213234 Hi Peeps sorry I need some advise on Suspension as on my Vti Saloon currently it has stock suspension but it needs changing as it is quite thumpy when you go over a speed hump ( Slowly),or any sort of ditch.
I would like something firm but not to harsh and not too soft either,am I being very picky!
Also anyone know of a very good body work guy to do my Arches as they are rusted quite badly I am in Croydon,London. 8)

Thanks
By chrisscott
#213373 i got GMAX shocks an springs on my hatch an there not hard and not that expensive.
general rule is hard=coilovers, soft=shocks an springs
By r69bp
#213377 Thanks again Chris!
By andyc
#214922 Yeah, I have GMAX too for a coupleof years. Theyre cheap and good :thumb:
By darren717
chrisscott wrote:i got GMAX shocks an springs on my hatch an there not hard and not that expensive.
general rule is hard=coilovers, soft=shocks an springs

where did you get yours from coz the kit ive got is worng so my car is stuck at work with a snaped blot in the lca gunna re-place thm nw lol
By darren717
#223723 chris wat lcas did u get frm funkypower?
By chrisscott
#223736 dont know what i got mate, they were second hand cost me £40.
the LCA's were purple D2s

hope the pic helps mate
By Ecc0
#224633 Good choice on the LCA's I have full D2 setup and love the quality.

Not sure what shocks they are as couldn't read the sticker but for £40 its better than a kick in the nuts hope they're ok for you.

If not I do have a set of Teg R shocks with HKS springs going spare and could be yours for a bargain price.
By Ecc0
#224634 Oh yeah and with FunkyPower how have you found their delivery time as I've now been wanting 2 weeks for my new FPR and Password JDM bits and got an email saying they can't send it out till 2 Dec, well not happy :thumbdown:
By ditoegsaloon
chrisscott wrote:dont know what i got mate, they were second hand cost me £40.

hope the pic helps mate

if you thinking to sell them give me a shout, me shocks are shot :(
By chrisscott
Ecc0 wrote:Oh yeah and with FunkyPower how have you found their delivery time as I've now been wanting 2 weeks for my new FPR and Password JDM bits and got an email saying they can't send it out till 2 Dec, well not happy :thumbdown:

got them next day after ordering, but i have heard alot of complaints about them with delivery times. think its coz they have to order them in.
By chrisscott
Ecc0 wrote:Good choice on the LCA's I have full D2 setup and love the quality.

Not sure what shocks they are as couldn't read the sticker but for £40 its better than a kick in the nuts hope they're ok for you.

If not I do have a set of Teg R shocks with HKS springs going spare and could be yours for a bargain price.

shocks are a bit soft for my liking/driving style too bouncy(but for £40 cant complain), what do the ITR shocks an HKS springs feel like to drive on, and how low are they(im 40mm at moment but want to go abit lower, especially on the rear)and how much. PM me if you want
By Ecc0
chrisscott wrote:
Ecc0 wrote:Good choice on the LCA's I have full D2 setup and love the quality.

shocks are a bit soft for my liking/driving style too bouncy(but for £40 cant complain), what do the ITR shocks an HKS springs feel like to drive on, and how low are they(im 40mm at moment but want to go abit lower, especially on the rear)and how much. PM me if you want

Off the top of my head think they're the same hight but the ITR shocks are nice and stiff (not coilover stiff but good) I had them fitted to my car when I went round Europe so good for long distance comfort driving and then went on the Nurberge Ring with them fitted and they felt stiff enough that I could through the car into the turns.

I'll see if I can find a pic of my old car to give you an idea of how your car would sit.