I'm sure the locals will come up with a catchy description for their forum...
By andyc
#208212 that project is temporarily parked (bit like my car :( ) It just needs a dizzy like the B7 but part of me now wants to put it in the garage (dont ask where im keeping it lol) and strip/build it up for a turbo setup... if I do it will need to be a long term build as im poor at the moment, buying bit by bit. at the same time, my plan was always to do chassis, body, then power so that would work out nice... just means making do with 90-100 horses for quite a while :(
By ditoegsaloon
ANDYC wrote:that project is temporarily parked (bit like my car :( ) It just needs a dizzy like the B7 but part of me now wants to put it in the garage (dont ask where im keeping it lol) and strip/build it up for a turbo setup... if I do it will need to be a long term build as im poor at the moment, buying bit by bit. at the same time, my plan was always to do chassis, body, then power so that would work out nice... just means making do with 90-100 horses for quite a while :(

that doesnt sound good man, it must be hard seeing your car broken and skint.

turbo build, what bhp you aiming? i'd be happy enough with manual tranny and d16z6 engine, i wish :(

i just got obd1 engine n interior looms from scrap yard and i can tell you they are pain the arse ! fook me, it will be the first and the last thing i would to do :x
By andyc
#208221 im not goin for anything crazy mate, probably 200-250... to be honest I want need to build it up for that, I just want to strip it and replace some bits to say I can and learn a bit :?
By Boods
#208223 Ah andy I was in the same boat as you, but as it is I've decided to just keep the civic and make it look as nice as I can make it for as little as possible while saving up.

You thought about super-charging it instead? the D16 that is?

also can't the LCAs be for weight, looks and also for strength? if you've got something with say super-hard suspension, then a lot of force'd be going into the LCAs so stronger [bigger] ones'd help?

I'm really worried about my LCAs snapping, hence I asked if you had any spare because.... knowing my luck haha, been WD40ing them every day since last wednesday.... :eh:

didn't have a chance to check the dizzy btw andy, ended up raining AS i got outside so thought I cba to clean the engine bay an stuff while it's raining... Sorry man. Thanks for the cheeky tuning tip too! gonna try that tomorrow when I test fit the other one. :)
By andyc
#208284 yeah thats cool mate, I think this little tip is better if you got bolt ons too... Basically turning the dizzy anti clockwise advances the timing (only turn it a very very small ammount from where it was though. What itll basically do is make it spark a tad later, letting more air/fuel in the cylinder before ignition. you might not notice anything but its worth a go :? when you do it, take it for a test run with the window down, if you hear knocking turn it slightly clockwise till it stops :thumb:
By chrisscott
#208297 ul be surprised at the weight difference between D2's an standard LCAs, id say both D2s togeter dont weigh as much as one standard LCA.

andy heres a link for you
http://fjdistributors.com/product_info. ... cts_id=564
everything you need to equip your engine for turbo, there good for about 400bhp(this is what im saving up for)
D16z6 Turbo FTW :headbang:

you also want ARP head bolts/studs
By ditoegsaloon
chrisscott wrote:ul be surprised at the weight difference between D2's an standard LCAs, id say both D2s togeter dont weigh as much as one standard LCA.

andy heres a link for you
http://fjdistributors.com/product_info. ... cts_id=564
everything you need to equip your engine for turbo, there good for about 400bhp(this is what im saving up for)
D16z6 Turbo FTW :headbang:

you also want ARP head bolts/studs

fudge, is that price including the delivery? roughly would be same price like getting b16

boost ftw :D
By chrisscott
#208300 think it includes delivery, but not import charges( :x tax man)

then you have to get all the turbo parts
By ditoegsaloon
chrisscott wrote:think it includes delivery, but not import charges( :x tax man)

then you have to get all the turbo parts

:thumbdown:

need to sell me wheels and couple bits then, cheers for the heads up crisscott :D
By ditoegsaloon
#208357 if they have value as engine conversion (b16) sadly they have to go :(
By andyc
#208428 what wheels?
By ditoegsaloon
ANDYC wrote:what wheels?

these wheels
By andyc
#208430 ooh tasty :hehe:
By ditoegsaloon
#208432 cheers...

auto tranny is killing me slowly, cant stand ! lol