I'm sure the locals will come up with a catchy description for their forum...
By Boods
#207951 Yeah it was me. If you went in I was the kid with the hippy head band getting the speakers out of the cavilier for my mate lol. And I've got a spare d15b7 dizzy somewhere with leads mate :) its used but I have it if you want it?
By andyc
#207960 your kidding me??? yeah ill have it!! i'm guessing it works right? I been looking all over for one and that'll fix my car right up :woot:
By Boods
#207961 I payed £25+ postage for it off Ebay, just thought I needed a spare so if you wanna have it for like £20 odd and I'll bring it to a meet or if you can arrange to grab it that'd be absolutely awesome. If you need I'm from Wimborne area :)
By andyc
#207964 you are a fucking legend! :headbang:

have you tried it at all?
By Boods
#207965 Not tried it but it was off a car that was read ended so I assume the engine was in good nick lol, was something like 50k miles too :) if you wanna puck it up tomorrow or some. time ill keep it in my car lol
By andyc
#207972 ill probably have to wait til next weekend now mate, im skint already... you reckon we could test it on your engine before I take it away? I really dont want to end up with 2 duds :lol:

it'll only take a few mins to test it :thumb:
By ditoegsaloon
Annoyingricer wrote:Yeah it was me. If you went in I was the kid with the hippy head band getting the speakers out of the cavilier for my mate lol. And I've got a spare d15b7 dizzy somewhere with leads mate :) its used but I have it if you want it?

hmm that was you? yh i saw you, found sumthing interesteing under the bonnet?
By Boods
ditoegsaloon wrote:
Annoyingricer wrote:Yeah it was me. If you went in I was the kid with the hippy head band getting the speakers out of the cavilier for my mate lol. And I've got a spare d15b7 dizzy somewhere with leads mate :) its used but I have it if you want it?

Yeah it was lol. We couldn't get the bonnet open for a good few hours, and it had an evo style bonnet on it and I could see like a BOV an shiz so i was like :O Open it up.. and it was some form of electronic supercharger or something :|

I went there to get LCA bolts, but that was the 1 thing I DIDN'T get lol. What were you in there for? you should've come and said hi!

And andy, that's no problem, I'll check it tomorrow when I'm doing some shiz to my car, is it literally just plug and play and see if the car starts? lol
By ditoegsaloon
Annoyingricer wrote:
ditoegsaloon wrote:

Yeah it was lol. We couldn't get the bonnet open for a good few hours, and it had an evo style bonnet on it and I could see like a BOV an shiz so i was like :O Open it up.. and it was some form of electronic supercharger or something :|

I went there to get LCA bolts, but that was the 1 thing I DIDN'T get lol. What were you in there for? you should've come and said hi!

And andy, that's no problem, I'll check it tomorrow when I'm doing some shiz to my car, is it literally just plug and play and see if the car starts? lol

you could be anyone at the yard mate and i would like a fool shouting your name there :D plus you werent at honda area so i wasnt so sure

i took rear dics brake from silver esi and rear arb mate. if you still lookin lca bolts i got few in me garage.
By Boods
#208071 Ah nice, I saw that I was like... I COULD.... But I only had £10 so thought I'd wait. How much was they? and If possible that'd be amazing, how much'd you want for them? I got me a rear ARB as well, but think about wednesday I'm doing LCAs, rear lower strut brace and might pop on my coilover springs... Not sure yet =\
By ditoegsaloon
Annoyingricer wrote:Ah nice, I saw that I was like... I COULD.... But I only had £10 so thought I'd wait. How much was they? and If possible that'd be amazing, how much'd you want for them? I got me a rear ARB as well, but think about wednesday I'm doing LCAs, rear lower strut brace and might pop on my coilover springs... Not sure yet =\

bought them for 58.50 rear disc brakes, handbrake cables and rear arb + lca's, bit pricey and i should knocked the price down bit more but cba as i was too excited :D

how much i want for lca bolts? nuffin

i just done mine today, bit pain :x but managed to do it
By Boods
ditoegsaloon wrote:
Annoyingricer wrote:Ah nice, I saw that I was like... I COULD.... But I only had £10 so thought I'd wait. How much was they? and If possible that'd be amazing, how much'd you want for them? I got me a rear ARB as well, but think about wednesday I'm doing LCAs, rear lower strut brace and might pop on my coilover springs... Not sure yet =\

bought them for 58.50 rear disc brakes, handbrake cables and rear arb + lca's, bit pricey and i should knocked the price down bit more but cba as i was too excited :D

Ah man that's nothin compared to what people on civiclife'd charge lol. they'd want like 150 for it haha. the amount of times I went in there an eyed up the rear disk convs and like 282s for the front haha, but alas, I have... NO money lol. An cheers about the LCA bolts, I got some D2s AGES ago and still havn't got round to fitting them...
How long'd doin the LCAs take?

Also we need another meet some time soon I think!
By andyc
#208166 the lca's will be easy mate, you might want a breaker though if theyve been untouched for a while...

and the dizzy, just mark yours before you take it off, its best to get it back on how it came off or the timing will be very slightly out... once the 3 bolts are loose it rotates quite a bit... I advanced the timing on mine very slightly which I heard was a cheeky free tuning tip... I think thats what made my car more responsive at low end... and louder :hehe:
By ditoegsaloon
Annoyingricer wrote:
ditoegsaloon wrote:

Ah man that's nothin compared to what people on civiclife'd charge lol. they'd want like 150 for it haha. the amount of times I went in there an eyed up the rear disk convs and like 282s for the front haha, but alas, I have... NO money lol. An cheers about the LCA bolts, I got some D2s AGES ago and still havn't got round to fitting them...
How long'd doin the LCAs take?

Also we need another meet some time soon I think!

yh dude i also got plus point which is experience :D.

depends on if you have seized bolts or not, if not it will only take couple mins. but if one of the seized, mostly the mid bolt where the shock sitting on lcas then you might spend all day :D

give them wd40 everyday before you take them off, it helps a lot.

yeah another meet would be great
By chrisscott
#208183 took me 3 days to do my lca's- wasnt even changing my lcas, was changing suspension an bolt snapped, so i thought fuck it new lca's, D2's came next day, had to wait 3 days for a bolt from honda.
so yeah gud luck :thumb: