I'm sure the locals will come up with a catchy description for their forum...
By robster
#187619 Hey guys and girls, i'd like to visit scottland from the 7-12th of june and like to know what would be good to see? Any casles or lakes that you whould recommend?

And how is the weather at that time? Id like to take some nice pictures :D

greetings Rob
By stubrun
#187623 edinburgh castle is nice mate, infact go as high as possible as the scenery is eye wattering :)
By Ecc0
#188642 In no real order

Loc Ness
Edinbrough Castle
Aberden
St Andrew Golf couse

and strangly enough go for a Chines when your there, for some reason they can do really good Chines food
By Xaser
#188833 I would agree with Edinburgh castle but then I did live there for 5 years of my life, love the city.

Loch Ness is also a good day out.

After that I would just recommend anywhere on the west coast(e.g Skye, Oban) absolutely amazing scenery and some great driving roads.

As for the weather June/July is probably the best time to come up, but it will still be hit or miss on whether you will get a nice day, but the majority should be nice.
By Ecc0
Xaser wrote:I would agree with Edinburgh castle but then I did live there for 5 years of my life, love the city.

Loch Ness is also a good day out.

After that I would just recommend anywhere on the west coast(e.g Skye, Oban) absolutely amazing scenery and some great driving roads.

As for the weather June/July is probably the best time to come up, but it will still be hit or miss on whether you will get a nice day, but the majority should be nice.

Your right about the West Coast I spend alot of time near Ayre and Kilmarnock and love it there the drive up is great
By Marty
#190171 Hey dude,

Saw ur post, thought id give u couple of places to visit, im from Dunfermline in Fife, one of the best counties in Scotland.

Mostly in Fife ofcourse, BUT Fife has some of the best driving you could do, most of the scenery is small villages and open country.
Especially if you take the road up the coast from the forth bridge to St andrews.

Google the place names to check them out on google maps.

In St andrews, you'll want to visit Janetta's ice cream parlour on the high street - Renowned! for the sweet stuff!

In Anstruther, you'll want to visit the the Anstruther fish bar on the harbour - Renowned again for the best fish and chips, Tom Hanks would testify!

In Elie (a small village on the coast), If you've got a great sunny day, this place has theeee best beach, secluded and so fresh!

In North Queensferry, this place is under the forth bridges, its a sweet little harbour village thats got an amazing view of the bridges and the forth river.

In Limekilns, this is another river side village just down from queensferry, its got another great view of the river and theres a couple of good pubs there to stop by.

If you feel like a rally, Knockhill is Scotland's major race circuit, its a great run around if you like your racing and you might just catch a race day if ur lucky.

If you like hillwalking, we've got the Ochil Hills, a long line of mountainas hills that overlook Fife, Stirling and the Forth valley. Iv been up 'Ben Cleuch' which was awesome! At the foot of these hills runs a long line of wee villages that are great for stop offs at lunch and just to take in the views. The A91 road runs along here.

If you like your Whisky or want to try some of the freshest and most importantly original 'Scotch' as you guys call it, then Blair Athol Distillery in Pitlochry is a prime place to visit, take a tour around the distillery and have a 'slanj' (drink) of the product.
Not to mention, pitlochry is another great wee village.

Along from Pitlochry is Tummel Valley and Kinloch Rannoch, the valley houses a nice long stream of fresh water that is harnessed in Loch Rannoch further up the road, this is one sweet Loch, a truelly eye catching piece of scenery. The water is so fresh, you could even try ur hand at windsurfing if you've got the right day.

Thats all the places iv got on the map, a good few markers to go by that surround Fife.
When you get here, you just have to go across the Forth Road Bridge from Edinburgh to Fife, an absolute must have if your visiting Scotland, the view you get from the bridge is amazing, not to mention, the road bridge and rail bridge are 2 very historical landmarks of Scotland.

From the bridge going north, you could take the M90 road that cuts up through Fife, i had to drive this route every weekend when i was at uni and it was just the best, you immediatly know your in Scotland, all the fresh country side land and hills around the whole of the county, such a great sight especially on a day when the sun is blasting.

Even though iv really told you about Fife, the other users talking about LOCH NESS and the western isles are completely right, Loch Ness is a great sight and another historical landmark even if there is no Dinosauric creature lying beneath. The Western Isles are a true gift from god aswell, the sights you get from there and the freshness of the air is just unexplainable!

Btw, where you flying to?

Marty
By Marty
#190364 Its all good :thumb:

Im a die hard patriot so i want you to see the best, especially if your not able to get to the western isles or far north.

Fife is right across from Edinburgh so you wouldn't have far to travel if your staying there. But it would be great to travel as far as you can, walking/driving around anywhere here in Scotland is still going to be news to your eyes.

Just for reference too, you could probably drive/bus/get a train from Edinburgh to St Andrews in an hour/hour an a half.
Oh and Edinburgh Waverly rail station is a nice place for visitors, its at the end of Princess street (main street in Edinburgh) which you'll also want to see, the castle overlooks it all.
By Ecc0
#191099 Wow who needs visit Scotland when you've got Marty to hand, real good write up I've got some more places to visit when I come up again in July