Snow, Beer, Sports... and some of the finest EG's in the Midwest.
By illason
#303866 okay when is the next meet guys? does any one have a date set?
By teal_dx
#303885 We should do one soon...
There's one coming up in a couple of weeks in Canton:

http://www.facebook.com/events/211765252241306/

I went to this event last year and there were a lot of clean well built cars. :thumb:
By illason
#303925 I plan on going to dyno for dogs, but is there gonna be one for civic EG? I know ohiohondas has one every year. why cant we?
By FG2_Andrew
#303929 Even though my hatch sucks, I'd be interested in an EG/J meet!
By ohDirka
illason wrote:I plan on going to dyno for dogs, but is there gonna be one for civic EG? I know ohiohondas has one every year. why cant we?

We usually do one every year. Teal_dx usually arranges everything. I drove from Florida to Ohio one year for one. I might make the trip again depending on if there is one this year.
By fatcoupe
#305012 i would definitely be interested in a civic-eg meet :thumb: nothing good import wise around my town :x
By teal_dx
#305013 Last year there wasn't enough interest, so we kind of combined ours with OhioHondas summer meet so there would be more than 2 cars.

I'm glad to see that there is already interest this year :thumb: In 2010, 09 & 08 we had great turnouts. :woot: We have had a decent amount of Ohio members join the site to replace the ones who moved on. Lets do a summer meet for sure this year :thumb:
By teal_dx
#310193 Crap it's already July!
Lets look into a date in Aug to allow plenty of time to set everything up.
How does Sat 11th or Sun 12th look for everyone?

Do any of those work for you? Please only reply if you're serious about attending :thumb:

For location ideas... There should be a place we can park, chill & eat. Some years in the past, I've brought my camera equip and done a photo shoot and everyone else brought their cameras and we cruised to different spots around town and took pics. Another year we cooked out at a park & went to a local cruise-in after.
Location is key for a lot of these so it really depends where people want to meet up. In the past it was always been Akron although Columbus isn't out of the question since it's closer for the people to the south. (I live in BFE so I'm at least an hour from anywhere :lol: )
By FG2_Andrew
#310224 i think Columbus area or SLIGHTLY north would be best. that puts everyone outside at about equal drive time.

i could try to talk to my boss about having it at our Nationwide properties. nice, big parking lots, access to indoor AC bathrooms. there's also a dog park right by us so anyone with a K9 companion can come out. i'd really dig JUST an EG/H/J meet, though.

***EDIT***
WHETHER OR NOT I TALK TO HIM DEPENDS ON THE FEEDBACK FROM THE LOCATION! Also, I WORK THERE SO THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO BURN OUTS, ENGINE REVING, STUPID RICER FIGHTS, FAGGOTS, DOUCHEBAGORY, OR STUPID SHIT AT ALL!

***EDIT***
We should also do a fund raiser! even if it's small, it's better than nothing.
Last edited by FG2_Andrew on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FG2_Andrew
#310225 another note, it may be a cool idea to make this a swap meet for EG parts too! if we do that, i'd rather it be at a park.
By teal_dx
#310230 The meets have always been chill, no racing/burnouts fighting etc.
If most of the members will be coming from the Cbus area then we should def keep it down there. Us few northerners can make the haul down.

Does your Nationwide spot have any way we could grill out? If not, no biggie since it has the rest of the requirements. We can caravan into town if people really want to eat a full meal.

Toilet is a plus... one of the previous meets I got poison ivy from pissing in the woods :lol:

A backup option I thought about is having it at my shop/garage where there's a grill, cornhole, pool, bar and a huge bonfire pit if it ended up being a late event. Only thing is I'd have to clear it w/ wife since we have a newborn and I don't have a parking lot so there couldn't be a huge # of cars. And I'm pretty far to the north.

I like the idea of a big open parking lot :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#310243 @ our property in Westerville, we are on the main drag.

about 2 minutes from i-270, Polaris shopping mall, Cleveland Ave., Otterbein College, and plenty of eating spots. but as long as we clean up, i'm sure we could have a grill set up somewhere.

granted that's all speculation - pending bosses approval. BUT if we turn it into a fund raiser, i could take it up with the bigger wigs and we can use it as a PR type deal.
By teal_dx
#310249 Yeah see if you can get approval - that sounds like the best spot :thumb:
I doubt that there's going to be enough members showing up to make it worth organizing a fund raiser though. :?
At past civic-eg meets, I've always invited other clubs so there would be more than ~6 cars: www.ohiohondas.com www.crewlegit.com www.eghatchback.com and even www.ohioscions.com one year

If we keep it civic-eg.com only, it will be a smaller turn out but a more tight knit group with common interests which I'm fine with.