Snow, Beer, Sports... and some of the finest EG's in the Midwest.
By teal_dx
#283330 Those Ohioans who have to deal with Ohio E-Check...
If I were to put a boosted D16z6 into an OBD2 car using a P28 chipped with Hondata S300, When I took the car to get it E-checked nothing would happen when they plug the scanner into the port under the dash correct?

So that means that I'd have to replace the OBD1 ecu with an OBD2 ecu to take it to echeck, which would probably run like ass, if at all because the stock OBD2 ecu won't read a 2.5 bar map correctly and it won't be finding the Crank sensor, 2nd o2 sensor, knock sensor etc. on the OBD1 motor.

If it did run, I'd have to put some 20 or so miles on it for the ecu to 'learn' so it could be scanned.

If someone takes an OBD2 car to be echecked and there is no port under the dash (say I tuck it somewhere else out of sight) do they then run it on the dyno test instead of the scanner?

I've seen a lot of 96-00 civics in OH running a chipped OBD1 ecu and I'm wondering how they got their car echecked?

Trying to see if I should completely rule out the idea of attempting OBD1 on OBD2 vehicle.
By d-mon
#283359 lol, i have a boosted d16z6 in my 97 dx.
chipped p28 with crome.
in ca, automatic fail for smog test.
it was fun to watch the guy try to figure out why his scanner wouldn't return anything though.
spent 3 hours (lazy, i know) swapping in my bone stock y7 and p2e ecu and passed the next day.
By ohDirka
teal_dx wrote: I've seen a lot of 96-00 civics in OH running a chipped OBD1 ecu and I'm wondering how they got their car echecked?

They might live in a county that doesnt have e-check. Medina County sucks becuase of the echeck.