Snow, Beer, Sports... and some of the finest EG's in the Midwest.
By teal_dx
#256480 Lets start planning one out early this year...

I'm shooting for a Saturday or Sunday in August.

For location, we've always done them in Akron because there's a lot of locals (Crew Legit, Ohiohondas) so we will have a decent turn out. Also there's a cruise-in on Sunday evenings and there's plenty of good places to shoot if we have a photoshoot meet. There's also a park in the area with plenty of parking for a cookout.

Akron seems to work well because it's between Cleveland and Columbus but I'm not opposed to having it somewhere else.

I definitely want to do something at a place where we can have room to park, eat and check out the cars & b.s.

The photoshoots and cruise-ins are a bonus.

Let's hear your thoughts if you would like to attend.
Last edited by teal_dx on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By hazetuk
#256492 shit how far is that from houston texas cuz i might just get my other half and my son and rent a truck and a trailer slap my honda on there and just ride out over there shit im down hahaha :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
By teal_dx
#256504 for past OH meets we've had a member drive down from Canada and another drive up from Missouri. If there's members coming from out of state I'm gonna have to make this good :thumb:
By OleFolk
#256591 Im down for Mansfield or Akron
Mansfield is more of central Ohio
Just as inconvenient for everyone to get to
By andrew2siik
OleFolk wrote:Im down for Mansfield or Akron
Mansfield is more of central Ohio
Just as inconvenient for everyone to get to

i know a lot of guys who would come out.. but most can't/won't make the drive to Akron. but a central meet could accommodate everyone.

and Teal, i'll look more into possible meet up spots if you'd like?

i'll also be hosting an Ohio meet down in Hocking Hills later this fall.
By OleFolk
#258648 MEEET NOW yes?
By josh93coupe
#258695 As long as nothing crazy comes up, and i get my car done, which it should be. Im game!
By teal_dx
#259690 Alright Mansfield seems to be the best place for everyone. I'm not familiar with Mansfield besides taking a tour of the old prison they have there (awesome place btw).

I like the traditional outdoor cookout where everyone brings something.

I went to this site mentioned above, http://www.ci.mansfield.oh.us/index.php ... recreation
And found that to rent a pavilion at a park will cost $100 for a fri, sat or sun :???:

I don't want to ask members to chip in for the $100 park space on top of food and gas.

Does anyone from the area know if there are parks that do not charge for a space?

I'd even abandon the park cookout tradition if we could find a restaurant that we could eat at and have a large parking lot to chill in w/o getting harassed for loitering.

Lets hear your thoughts
:thumb:
By teal_dx
#260435 Still looking for a place in Mansfield...

Please post if you are going to attend and how many people you are bringing with you just so I can get an estimate. :thumb: